PDA

View Full Version : Virus warning AVG

Gustafa
07-08-2010, 07:30 AM
"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\installer\server\getlocales.e xe";"Trojan horse Generic18.ZXP";"Moved to Virus Vault"

AVG found and removed this "virus". False positive? Should I just ignore this and get on with my life?

antneye
07-08-2010, 08:56 AM
I got the same today so I assume its a false positive.......but i'd sure like confirmation

Locketto
07-08-2010, 09:43 AM
me too

http://i30.tinypic.com/2hrph1t.png

:mad:

baba
07-08-2010, 09:49 AM
same thing just popped up for me too.

flaviusO
07-08-2010, 11:44 AM
same here. ignore?

St3v3k4hn
07-08-2010, 01:28 PM
same here. i did "downgrade" my HEM yesterday (from 1.11.02 to 01) but I dont think that changed anything in the postgresql program. still... do i "move to vault" or do i "ignore"?

antneye
07-08-2010, 04:45 PM
received it again so it looks like ignore does not make it go away permanently.

Some comment from the support staff would seem appropriate on this.

morny
07-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Close HEM and your anti-virus and delete any \xenocode\appliance cache folders and any other possible false positive files as directed below.

1. Enable "Show hidden files and folders" under Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View
2. Go to C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Xenocode\Appliance Cache and delete every folder you can find in there

If you are on XP, that location is C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Local\Application Data\xenocode\appliance cache

Empty your recycle bin.

reboot

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Disclaimer: Holdem Manager itself is 100% free from viruses when downloaded from our official websites or forums, please do not download from any other location. Some antiviruses may mistake these files for viruses, which is referred to as false positive so in the vast majority of cases following the above directions will fix the problem.

It is however not Holdem managers responsibility for any issues arising from viruses or other malicious programs so if your unsure please consult someone to check your PC for viruses/malware etc before continuing

St3v3k4hn
07-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I dont seem to have a xenocode folder anywhere on my pc, even tho i got the virus warning from my scanner (AVG).

Does this mean its a real virus???

PS - I updated to the latest beta earlier but had problems with abbr in the HUD so I downgraded back to previous...

netsrak
07-09-2010, 03:58 AM
Morny thought the warning was HM related but it is a Postgresql problem this time.
Its a false warning AVG generates with the latest signature update. Please contact AVG support.

michael.t7794@yahoo.com
07-09-2010, 05:50 AM
"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\installer\server\getlocales.e xe";"Trojan horse Generic18.ZXP";"Moved to Virus Vault"

AVG found and removed this "virus". False positive? Should I just ignore this and get on with my life?

Well FP's come in every antivirus application.I think u just ignore this ..
Or run a scan with other antivirus application.You can try MCAfee or Avast antivirus or u can try Bit Defender, Spyware Doctor or Advanced System Protector :) though i suggested you many still it wll work as i am using Mcafee and advanced system protector.

Hope it will work for you :cool: