PDA

View Full Version : so i heard through the grapevine...... (pretty exciting news!!!)

UWjoe
09-19-2012, 05:05 PM
you guys are finally going to man up and admit your business model isnt sustainable and make some changes? thank god, overdue!!

what i heard is that you were going to address the situation initially with hem 1 users resisting upgrade because hem 2 is a godforsaken mess by re-releasing a new "hem1BASIC" (is that the final name?) as a subscription based tracking software/hud combo service for those users interested solely in:

-stability as priority one

-no frills/ just cash game/tourney reports results cards hands sessions graphs vs player filters and no gay apps

-with ongoing multisite support

-most resource efficient and stable tracking software/hud combo no intention of integration of apps ever

-available for 3/6/12 month subscriptions at a cost of around $3/month per computer with no permanent purchase option

id just like to congratulate you on being able to admit your mistake with the the "buy this and it will be awesome forever, oh wait we arent getting anymore revenue, lets discontinue and re-release business model" you had started with and finally move forward correcting the arrangement in a manner that is going to be a win win for all parties involved rather than just perfecting hem 2 and discontinuing support and then hem 3 and... etc etc. each time abandoning support on a version in very good working order and letting its effectiveness deteriorate over time as sites/skins/networks evolve and no longer sync well with the formerly perfected version.

id also like to note that its pretty clever of you to leave the current hem 1 users who dont want to upgrade purely for cost reasons the current (increasingly buggy) "latest" and "final" version as their property forever (the same as things are now) so when you release a revamped stripped down and well supported subscription version they cant complain about "having purchased something and then later on being charged again for the same thing they previously paid for and shouldnt have to be forced to buy again because that violates common sense" at least no more than they already can due to hem 2 being released anyways and youve already made that mistake and committed to a repeat in 2 years so i think we can all manage to look the other way again

i mean i can sympathize with how fucked the users who think hem1BASIC is just as bad as hem 2 might feel, but $3 per month to finally have what they were initially trying to purchase anyways seems a very very equitable compromise to move us all out of a situation that will basically ammount to perpetual frustration and animosity on both the consumer and support side

but anyways, kudos on the news!!!!

i heard january at the latest, for hem 1 basic release?

is the timeframe accurate?

are there other benefits of the release of hem1BASIC i havent heard about yet?

i assume there are long term plans to have hem2 move to the subscription model at a higher cost to reflect all the gay unneccessary apps and shit that i assume is what causes it to function like a piece of at the moment but i assume this wont be for 12-24 months when you guys have it working as smoothly as hem 1 used to before you dropped support right?

im very excited and cant wait to ship for my first 6 months, thanks!

Patvs
09-19-2012, 10:48 PM
I've never heard of "HEM1Basic".

If you want to use HM1:
because HM2 runs poorly on your computer
or you (still) prefer HM1 over HM2

And you feel frustrated because you can no longer buy HM1... buy HM2, email sales@holdemmanager.com and they can still give you a HM1 serial key.

UWjoe
04-27-2013, 02:52 PM
you guys are finally going to man the hell up and admit your business model isnt sustainable and make some changes? thank god, overdue!!

praise jesus, its true???!?!?!!?!?

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm-cloud/

Patvs
04-27-2013, 10:05 PM
a. Would you buy cloud if you already possess HEM 2?

While we have not made a final decision yet on whether and in what form HM Cloud will be publicly released, the vision is for HM Cloud is for a companion product that offers about 80% of the analysis tools found in HM2.

The 20% of HM2's most processor intensive queries and reports (which a small % of total HM2 customers use) and the highly customizable aspects of HM2 will probably not be duplicated in HM Cloud.

Similarly, if HM Cloud is released to the general public we will most certainly offer some kind of discount or extended free access to any HM2 customers that was not available to the general public.

b. Does it mean, that after the Cloud appears, HEM 2 will stop progressing and becoming better?

HM2 is and continues to be our primary platform on which development and updates are occurring and we have no plans for that status to change.

c. Is this cloud more preferable for those, who don`t use Win7\8 PCs?

As mentioned above, HM Cloud Alpha offers an extremely powerful HUD. It also includes database tools that will meet the needs of the vast majority of existing HM2 users. Features that are unique to HM Cloud are portability, minimal local computer resources required, and tablet friendly. Those benefits are the same no matter which browser you are using.

UWjoe
04-28-2013, 03:31 AM
you guys are finally going to man the hell up and admit your business model isnt sustainable and make some changes? thank god, overdue!!

a subscription based tracking software/hud combo service for those users interested solely in....

-available for 3/6/12 month subscriptions at a cost of around $3/month per computer with NO permanent purchase option[/B][/I]

im saying whatever you do, dont make a one time purchase!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the whole idea being there wont be boom/bust cycles in your cashflow so you can compensate technicians adequately for ongoing support (making the whole situation better for everyone involved)

you get constant cashflow.

we get:
a pokerfest satelite hud, before pokerfest is over
stats that position themselves correctly on microgaming without breaking the huds on stars and fulltilt
ftops/miniftops/rush week hud usage (which has never once happened without exception as far as i know)
confidence that when we need to use stats to make a decision, hem hud will be offering us that information
..... a ton less stress due to hold em manager issues in situations that to us are important

fozzy71
05-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Please refrain from using vulgarities in your posts in the future so we don't have to spend time editing your posts to make them more family friendly.

Since HM Cloud is a concept product only in Alpha release, we have not made a decision on pricing. We are focused right now on feedback from Alpha testers on the user experience and their recommendations for future versions of HM Cloud.

If you have any questions about HM Cloud please post your questions in the cloud forum.