PDA

View Full Version : Me trying to focus on expected-value

TryingHard
09-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Hello guys,

After 2 months of searching, I finally found how I can make the profit line invisible. However, there is ANOTHER problem now. It is the rake-back line which is shining in blue. Every time I start HM, and go to the tourney graph section, it is there, and I have to click on the box to make it disappear.

It may sound like a stupid thing, but I really have to focus on expectation. Every time I see the rake-back/profit line , I get into this gambling mode... you know it. I have to clear this out of the way to be a successful poker player.

I know it must be possible to do. Because when I was trying to delete the profit line, your support on poker strategy was telling me that there is no way to make it invisible, but obviously there was a way...

So if there is anyone from your forums who could help me with this, it would be a great help for my poker career and I would be brutally thankful. I am attaching a screen of what I am referring to.

Patvs
09-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I just tested it... and you're right it will always turn on "show rakeback" if you turn it off and restart HM1.

There is no fix for this. Nor is it likely this ever will be fixed for HM1.
Best thing you should do is just REMOVE the rakeback % on PokerStars:

Options--> Settings--> Rakeback & Bonuses

TryingHard
09-20-2012, 02:39 AM
But there is nothing in the option/rake-back and bonuses section. Just plain boxes. To me it seems that the blue line was just following the green profit line all the time.

Isn't there any other option how to only track the expected value and not know what my profits are? This would really help me...

netsrak
09-20-2012, 04:39 AM
I was the guy who told you in the pokerstrategy forums that its not possible. I already discussed this with all my colleagues and we found no way to disable it.

TryingHard
09-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Nestrak, are you reffering to the rake-back line now?

I tried to disable the rakeback % on PokerStars in holdem manager: Options--> Settings--> Rakeback & Bonuses
But I have empty fields there. What does this mean?

Patvs
09-20-2012, 03:06 PM
It's not possible to NOT be confronted with your winnings line.

You already made your winnings line invisible.
But unfortunately, you'll have to manually keep ticking off the 'rakeback' line, which will always still be visible when you restart the program.

There have been similar requests in the past: hiding graphs / hiding results, etc. but it's not possible to hide this info.