PDA

View Full Version : Hands ALL gone after purging?

speedyworm
07-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Hey guys... I have 2 poker accounts i have in my HEM. First time i purged my hands I selected to not purge hands from my 1st account. 2nd time i purged i chose not to purge the hands on my 2nd account and now all my hands are gone... Did i screw this up? How should i have done this with multiple accounts on one database?

morny
07-08-2010, 01:27 AM
You should have created an alias and then that would have prevented it, try reimporting the hands from C:/HMarchive as the original hands should be there

speedyworm
07-08-2010, 04:09 AM
what do you mean created an alias? I have 2 hero names set up. Should i have only 1 hero name and the other account as Alias?

_Loki_
07-08-2010, 06:38 AM
No

###
suppose your SN's are speedy (FT) & worm (PS)...

###
Invent an easy-to-remember alias like 123456 (alias)
create it
add your 2 real SN's to the alias
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Player Name & Alias (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/33/Player+Name+%26+Alias+)

###
when you want to purge hands except for ones you've played at FT & PS you select 123456 (alias) in the 'do not delete hands played by' drop-down menu
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Purge Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/197/Purge+Hands)

###

netsrak
07-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Your alias should contain both screennames.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Player Name & Alias (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/33/Player+Name+%26+Alias+)

speedyworm
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
So I create an alias. It has combined data of both my accounts.

Then I can add my 2 other accounts also along with the alias so I can analyze both accounts seperately?

Alias is basically just for when i purge hands i type in the alias hand and it'l save all the names under my alias?

_Loki_
07-08-2010, 01:00 PM
So I create an alias. It has combined data of both my accounts. Then I can add my 2 other accounts also along with the alias so I can analyze both accounts seperately? Alias is basically just for when i purge hands i type in the alias hand and it'l save all the names under my alias?

Read the alias FAQ it is very clear...

"Setup Player Alias. Setting up a Player Alias allows you to combine user names from different sites into the same database for review in the Windows. You can even add users from the same site into an Alias"

Alias isn't just for purging hands. When you add your 2 accounts into the alias you created they are also still available on their own

You can make as many different aliases as you like

You can add ANY user names to any aliase as you please
For example: You could make an alias called 'winning 6max players' & put all the players who are very good at 6max into it. Then use the 'CHANGE' button in HM & make 'winning 6max players' the hero in HM. Now you can analyse the winning players as if they were one player

The best way to learn about aliases is to read the FAQ & try it
It is difficult to explain, but it is easy to do :)