PDA

View Full Version : Using HEM on PC and Laptop

acnjcrabby1
07-07-2010, 03:42 AM
I bought HEM for my PC @ 6 months ago, and am still learning how to best utilize all of it's features. But I recently got back to +full time work (60hrs a week all summer), and my poker volume has dropped considerably. So to combat that I bought a laptop so I can grind without having to sit at my PC desk.
Besides the fact that I'm finding it to be a real pain in the ass getting HEM to work (at all) on my laptop, I just bought an external hard drive today so I can access my database on my laptop. But with the problems I was having even trying to get HEM to work (on the laptop) I'm anticipating even bigger problems when I try to transfer my database to the external drive...... Especially after browsing the forums for instructions.
Can someone please help me with 1) getting HEM to work on my laptop, and 2) transferring my HEM database from my PC's C drive to my new external drive?
I appreciate any help guys. Thanx.

netsrak
07-07-2010, 03:55 AM
I don't recommend using an external harddrive for the database, its a tricky unstable solution.

The easiest way is to have to separate databases on the PC and laptop and copy the played hands from the archive folder of one computer to the other (default archive folder is c:\hmarchive). For this you can use the external hdd.

On the other computer use the import file or import from folder function to read the hands into the database.

acnjcrabby1
07-08-2010, 01:41 AM
I tweeked the HUD options on my laptop and got that working correctly. And I followed your advice and copied the HMArchive folder (on my PC) to my external HD, and it's currently processing/importing into my laptop database.

If I have any more problems I'll bump this post. Thanx man.