PDA

View Full Version : Slow HM

yeeehaaa
09-18-2012, 09:11 PM
hi,

Basically my holdem manager is very slow and it takes quite awhile to load whenever i click on any tabs. This makes it frustrating whenever i wan to look at stuffs like reports, sessions etc. I currently have around 700k hands, i do vacuum my database once in awhile. Another thing is that i realise my hm miss out some hands for my sessions as the number of hands does not tally with the number i see from pokerstars, lets say i play around 6k hands and my hm will only import around 5700+ hands.

So actually my main concern is that is my HM so slow because my PC is not good enough? I'm thinking of getting a new PC and upgrade to HM2 if that's the case. Can u suggest the important specs i need to look out for if i need a new PC in order for my HM to run smoothly as i'm totally quite an idiot when it comes to computer stuffs, And i heard that SSD will be good for databases stuffs, is it really needed?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help! :D

Sarek
09-19-2012, 04:17 AM
Please read first post here http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html