PDA

View Full Version : HM not importing hands Windows 7 and PokerStars

Ryan Donk
07-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi,

I recently bought a new computer with Windows 7 and now I'm trying to get HM to work on it... which is not easy. It's been a while since I installed it on my previous computer, so I just followed the quick start guides for Pokerstars HH's and making sure the import folder is correct and did some extra Windows 7 stuff (make hidden files available, run .exe files as admin, start secondary logon services). Still, I don't see any hands in HM, the files are still in the Pokerstars> screen name folder and obviously my HUD doesn't work. What am I missing?

Maybe it's a good idea to put all the Windows 7 stuff in the same guide as now there are some links in the Quickstart guide, some extra things in a forum sticky, and still my HM doesn't do anything.

morny
07-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Theres no extra things needed for windows 7, its pretty much identical to windows 7

Couple of questions,

1) whats the exact path your stars hands are currently stored in
2) Are they in english
3) if you press start auto import and then look in reports can you see the hands in report
4) Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill take a look at your settings

If your hands are importing and the hud isnt showing it may be due to a stars bug where the word ok shows in the table name, if so try using the table finder as a temp fix while stars look into this issue

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Configuring Table Finder to Show HUD (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/Configuring+Table+Finder+to+Show+HUD+) - Configuring Table Finder to Show HUD

Ryan Donk
07-06-2010, 11:21 PM
1) C:\Users\Ruud\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory \BaasBaas
2) yes, moved to C:\HMArchive, no ok tables
3) no hands under Reports, it asks for a selected player
4) file is attached

netsrak
07-07-2010, 03:46 AM
It might be a permission problem, please try the following:

1. Create a new folder c:\stars.handhistory
2. Reconfigure your stars client to write the hands into this folder and make sure the handhistories are written in english language.
3. Reconfigure the HM auto-import to import the files from c:\stars.handhistory

Ryan Donk
07-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks for trying to help. HM does import files from the new folder (it says imported 1 files, 6 hands) but still doesn't show any hands in reports.

Could this have to do with the fact that my hard drive is formatted as NTFS? I remember having to change all that with my former computer before HM worked.

morny
07-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Hi, maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

Thanks
Morny
support@holdemmanager.com

Ryan Donk
07-08-2010, 09:33 PM
OK, thanks, I'm on a busy schedule but when I find some time I'll send you an e-mail. Should be in or just after the weekend.