PDA

View Full Version : Max hands in real game

oren32
09-16-2012, 05:05 AM
Hi,
In the replayer "Settings", one can change the number of "Max replayer hands". E.g. reduce them to last 200.

The same thing cannot be done in real play.

And that is my request.

I sometimes play heads up against people who i played 2 month, and they changed their game dramatically - I want the statistics only from recent time, and being able to set the number of hands, is exactly what will fix that (+ can be handy from other perspectives - what if i suspect he is on tilt and want to quickly see how he played his last 30 hands and then go back 200 hands? i can't do it now).

Thanks

fozzy71
09-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Settings (HUD menu on the table) > Edit > HUD Filters > Use last 'X' hands

oren32
09-17-2012, 07:20 PM
It doesn't work!

Try playing in a table and change it to less hands that you already play. See if it gives you what you ask for

Let me know what happend

Thanks

Patvs
09-17-2012, 09:26 PM
You're right, HUD Filters > Use last 'X' hands will not work if you want to filter for less hands than your current session.
This isn't really a bug, as HUD Filters > Use last 'X' hands isn't designed for that, but for a more general use of last 5000, 10.000, 20.000 hands (as an alternative to the 'last months' filter)

What you would like to do, isn't really possible.
It's only possible in the replayer. Thus the replayer 'Max replayer hands' also isn't designed for this.
For example last 5000 hands, will look at your total number of hands. (both in max replayer hands, and HUD Filters > Use last 'X' hands )

So if you've played 20.000 cashgame hands against an opponent.
But in your 'last 5000' hands you've played 1000 tournament hands.... if you encounter this player at a cashgame table, the stats will be based on 4k hands. (5000- 1000)

---

You can reset an opponents HUD stats:
Double left click on player to switch to session stats,
Double right click to reset session.

But it's not possible to switch to a last 30 hands and then go back 200 hands.
I'll write this up as a feature request ticket.

fozzy71
09-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Sorry about that, I didn't read your post carefully enough. The only thing we have similar to this currently would be to double-click the opponents HUD so it switches from lifetime stats to 'session' stats from the current table.

Here is the 2nd hand of a tournament with someone that I played 5 hands with earlier that night in a different HU SNG. His HUD is showing the previous 5 hands and the 6th lifetime hand from this game.

Here is his HUD in the next hand after I double-clicked the HUD for session stats. You can tell the difference because of the red background that is configured in the HUD Options menu.

The Alt Background color circled in the following screen shot is what determines the background color for the session stats.

Patvs
09-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Hm-5683

oren32
09-20-2012, 06:22 AM
This post is to help you with understanding the problem and giving the solution:

I don't care about mixing tournaments and cash games hands anyhow - I don't think i would ever want to do it

I do want to be able to see any part (hands) that i want to see from a player I just played 2 heads up tournaments and now we are in the first hand of the third. Say I already have 1000 hands from 2 month ago with him and today we played 150 and this is the 151. I might want to see the following things (I'm sure there are other type of examples that I didn't think about and will in the future):

1. statistics only from today. for that you might want to give options for recent time (e.g: last hour) - I don't know that we played exactly 150 hands today and i probably going to worry that I will overflow to hands from long time ago, so without proper time option, I will probably choose something like 100 hands

2. recent 20 hands
3. recent 80 hands
4. Statistics about me that include excactly the same number of last hands that i choose for him - This is also important.
5. all hands - you already have that

Notice that in the current situation, in the first few hands of the third tournament I'm "Blind" statistically - I can't have any idea (statistically) of how he played today. which is much worse than when we played the last hand (and hands) of the tournaments that was already finished

fozzy71
09-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Thank you for the further details. I have added your comments to the feature request ticket so they developers have all of this information available when they decide to try implementing this feature.

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have implemented it.