PDA

View Full Version : New Windows 7 Laptop HUD not working

Orinoco123
07-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Ive had problems with the HUD before on my old vista laptop but what resolved that last time doesnt seem to work.

UAC is off, all through as running as admin, i turned norton off (although i couldnt see the proper instructions for this version of norton i think, is there a new version). Allowed postgres and hem through windows firewall.

It wont even load up the table manager properly i think... It imports hands fine, but when i try to use the table manager to manually locate the table it makes that beep sound windows make when it brings up an error message, but i cant see any error message table manager just seems to crash?! :confused:

Sorry forgot to add im using Fulltilt atm havent tried any other sites... will try party.

netsrak
07-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Turning a firewall off is often not enough. You should reinstall it for a test.

and check this:
* Please try updating to the latest version 1.11.02 from the link in my signature.

* Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

* If that doesn't help, please check this and answer and post the questions FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: My HUD Doesn't Work (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/48/My+HUD+Doesn't+Work)

Orinoco123
07-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Is that even helpful for this new problem though? Where its making the error sound windows makes and then i cant click anywhere on the tablemanager window it just makes that *ding* noise every time i click.

morny
07-04-2010, 02:47 PM
You shouldnt need the table finder for full tilt or party they should work automatically, are the hands importing correctly, if you run a report after importing the hands does it show the hands you just imported?

Orinoco123
07-04-2010, 03:12 PM
auto import is working fine i believe, graphs been tracking as ive played of profit. It has 34 players where it started at 0, report seems fine. I just feel its not even opening the tablemanager window properly... really frustrating. Ill find those questions off that standard hmhud faq, probably be on there somewhere...?

If it was some sort of blocking firewall wudnt the tablemanager window still open properly? I assume that table manager must open for hud to work? From previous experience i believe thats the case...

the tablemanager dropdown columns dont load up properly if thats a clue? e.g the table name, profit/loss columns. I just reinstalled still no luck.

Argh now ive reinstalled it its not importing!!

netsrak
07-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Please post the answers to the FAQ link.

Is the table manager really not opening or is it directly moving to the nonused icons in the bottom right corner?

Orinoco123
07-05-2010, 04:47 PM
What version of Holdem Manager are you using?

1.11.02b

What poker site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than one site?

Fulltilt

Which type of game(s) are you playing? (NL, FL, Omaha, SnGs, MTT)

NL, not tried SNGs/Mtts as i dont wanna waste money before HUD.

Have you clicked on the Start Auto Import button?

Yes, it imports hands.

Often times, it is one setting or option that's not correct in your poker client. Please see our Detailed FAQs on configuring Holdem Manager to work with poker sites to make sure your poker site is saving Hand History files.
Check to see if the hand histories are showing up in the folder that you configured in HM to auto import from.

Hand histories are loaded

If you think the hands are importing the please go to the reports TAB, select your username and run a report with all filters off to confirm they have imported.

reports visible

If the hand histories show up in the auto import folders, but they're not importing into the database, please create a new database and try importing some hands to test if it's a corrupt database. FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database)

Hands are importing into FT folder, they are importing into the DB.

Have you tried the Table Finder and did it work? FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Configuring Table Finder to Show HUD (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/Configuring+Table+Finder+to+Show+HUD+)

tablefinder is where it suddenly does that thing that it sounds like an error pop up, but there is no error pop-up, i then cannot click on tablemanager! (You know that thing that any windows does when a window is open that MUST be dealt with (e.g error))

If you open the hand history files, are they written in English?
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder. It may be just called holdemmanager if youve extenstions turned off.

Erm i couldnt put all this in a forum post, i guess ill e-mail? The tablemanager icon is in the bottom right, it however opens to the unusable tablemanager window.

The thumbnails are pre and post clicking on tablefinder, note how the window goes inactive. I have turned off windows firewall and defender and just uninstalled norton as it is terrible. It is a brand new Windows 64 bit HP Envy15 laptop (regretting going HP!).

Orinoco123
07-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Sorry ive attatched my config file now.

morny
07-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Nice Mod btw, maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

Thanks
Morny
support@holdemmanager.com

Orinoco123
07-06-2010, 12:34 PM
haha i thought so to! it was offered on first install, just an hp standard,.

I just know its gna work straight away for you/be an obvious solution. Such is life! :rolleyes:

Im avaliable definately after 6pm GMT but im probably not working tomorrow anyway so i can try and be on when its good for you, like midday?

Great service as always on this forum.

andy222
03-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Having the same problem with New HP laptop. How was the issue resolved?

Patvs
03-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Uninstall a program called "Stardocks" (or RocketDock) responsible for the custom Windows theme.

watshesaid
04-12-2011, 07:32 PM
i have the exact same problem noise and everything, i have a alienware mx15 laptop with led 1080 screen

tried 100 different tweaks, if i cant figure this problem out im gonna need a refund. and wait before anyone asks. i have done EVERY step on every fag on ever forum thread 10 TIMES.

whats the deal

Sarek
04-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Email to support@holdemmanager.com and schedule Teamviewer session