PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Carbon Poker (Merge Network)

LiarsDice
07-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Ok, so I searched through this forum (and Google) and have not found an answer to the problem I am having. A few things first to mention.

I am playing on Carbon Poker
I am playing Heads Up SNG's
I have HEM Pro (idk if this matters or not)
I have updated to the most recent version; this includes reimporting all HH's after.

What I am seeing is regardless of the entry ($50, $100, $200 etc) these hands when imported into HEM all are recognized as a $10 + $1 ($11) buy-in. This obviously has ramifications for reviewing everything across the board from profit to all-in EV.

How do I fix this?

Thanks all,

LD

netsrak
07-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Merge doesn't write any informations about the buy-in into the handhistory files.
Thats why HM always uses the default buyin configured under the options menu.

You can change this default buyin and you need to edit the tourney informations manually under results->dataview.

LiarsDice
07-04-2010, 06:50 AM
Merge doesn't write any informations about the buy-in into the handhistory files.
Thats why HM always uses the default buyin configured under the options menu.

You can change this default buyin and you need to edit the tourney informations manually under results->dataview.

Yeah I know how to do all of that. The problem is you don't see the EV adjust accordingly.

Also, to have to manually adjust every game when you try to play 40 games in a day is hardly practical. There has to be a solution to this?!?! This seems silly if not.

netsrak
07-04-2010, 11:11 AM
There is nothing we can do about it. You should contact Merge support to add the informations to the handhistories.

This seems to work for example for Stars - they started adding this some weeks ago (although its not completed yet)

Ebes12
07-06-2010, 04:18 PM
There is nothing you can do about it? I was told the developers were fixing the buy in information problem for this upcoming update. I sent them .txt files with all the information they asked for. If this is not the case i want my refund right now, this is so ridiculous. I have been waiting 4 months to use my Hold Em Manager and it still doesn't work. Why would you say this is compatible with Merge if that is not the case?

morny
07-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hear your having issues. To be honest normally we require a fix on the site end as this is an extremely difficult fix, if it wasnt for the fact that you were very helpful and provided all the information then we normally wouldnt even consider it, PT dont support the hud at all there for the same reason.

It is on our to do list but i cant provide you with an ETA at the moment because it will require a lot of work and we already had other big implementation ideas that have been waiting longer than this so we have to schedule these things as best we can and unfortunately since we do have such a big feature list planned there is going to be people unhappy that they had to wait longer than others. We don't like doing it but its impossible to keep everyone happy. I hope you understand the situation and if you still require a refund please let me know and ill provide you with the necessary details.

Ebes12
07-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Well I keep being told it's being worked on and now I'm basically being told it's not important enough. So once again, I ask why would you put Merge on the supported list if that is NOT true? And yes, I would like a refund unless this is going to be fixed.

fabio
07-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi,

my apologies for pushing this fix back so far. I will talk to the developers and see if we can get it fixed for the next release which will be out pretty soon.

LiarsDice
07-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Hi,

my apologies for pushing this fix back so far. I will talk to the developers and see if we can get it fixed for the next release which will be out pretty soon.

If you want copies of any HH's from the HU SNG's let me know where to send them and I can give you what I have.

I am keeping my fingers crossed as it would be great to see a fix for this.

fabio
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM
The more hands the better, please send them to support@holdemmanager.net including a link to this thread. Thanks!

LiarsDice
07-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Any success?

Also, the site made the formats for HU SNG's into both nonturbo and turbo (before they were just 15 hands per level) so that may change things I am not sure.

I only have two games from these formats but once I get more I can send them to you.

netsrak
07-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Please send them in.

LiarsDice
07-24-2010, 02:43 PM
sent

LiarsDice
07-31-2010, 02:55 AM
So I noticed the most recent update supposedly corrects the following issues related to Merge:

Fixed missing buyin information in Merge tourneys
Fixed import error when strange characters are present in chat log. Merge
Fixed import error when player goes all-in from the blinds or ante. Merge
Fixed imcomplete hands being recognized as import errors. Merge

In regards to the bolded above, this is obviously the one that was relevant for me. I downloaded and installed the update and also copied the HH's from my HEM archive and put them in a folder that is recognized for auto importing. After importing there is nothing different.

Will this update only be relevant for any HH's AFTER the update and not BEFORE?

LiarsDice
07-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Appears the problem is not fixed!

I see it figured out the buy in for a 6 man sng...but NOT a HU SNG!

This is very frustrating.

netsrak
08-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Please send us hands for this tourney type.

LiarsDice
08-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Sent

LiarsDice
08-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Appears nothing is working.

The 6 and 9 man SNG's show as incomplete when I win.

The profit also is inaccurate. After 32 games the profit, after manually adjusting each game, is approximately 50% off. Not good.

Also, afaik after talking to one of the owners on one of the Merge skins, there are going to be some changes here soon. I will definitely keep you updated on that.

But, in the meantime, I thought these problems were fixed?

netsrak
08-02-2010, 03:50 AM
We made some fixes for 1.11.04 but this is not yet released. We are just doing some internal testing.