PDA

View Full Version : Timeout while getting connection from pool

saer1
07-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I've been having this problem ever since I purchased holdem manager and recently it's been really doing my head in.

I have no idea why it happens, as it has happened while using the graph, a number of different reports, and using the sessions tabs. Basically i'll click something (it seems to be pretty much anything, but it happens often if i navigate a graph - if i were to zoom in and out and scroll around a graph I can GUARANTEE it will error within about 1min), then holdem manager will freeze for a while before popping up a "Timeout while getting a connection from pool" error. It might take an hour for it to happen, or it might happen within minutes of opening Hold'em Manager.

It's been happening to me since the early 1.10.xx versions (I didn't use any previous versions). I'm currently using 1.11.02b.

I saw an older thread with the same error, which occurred when using an alias with multiple players - this happens to me with or without any aliases set up.

- tried reinstalling PostgreSQL a number of times, and always keep it up to date.
- created completely new databases with and without using old hand histories.
- turned of every firewall/antivirus/security program possible
- my PC is totally virus free
- I've run through all the FAQs available (to my knowledge) which could potentially help.
- I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled HEM a number of times and tried every new version as and when it has been available.

After the error pops up I can't do anything in HEM (it freezes then errors again when I do) apart from stop the import > database management > choose database and start HEM again, then it'll work fine until it decides to do it again.

It also doesn't affect the HUD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I just got a new error while using the graph, if it's any help - I zoomed in then zoomed out, it froze and i got the error "An error occurred in stage 2". This was with a brand new database of less than 1k hands.

morny
07-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Try removing Winner Name, Winner cards and winner won from the hands view column FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Hands View Column Selection (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/192/Hands+View+Column+Selection) save it and refresh.

If your using the newer version youll find it under Options > Settings > Hands View Column Selection and let me know if that helps, does it happen with a new small database aswell?

Can you also try the top 10 performance tips in my sig

saer1
07-04-2010, 07:48 AM
I have done that and followed the top 10 performance tips but it still errors.

I am able to reproduce it every time by just scrolling in and out on the graph using the mousewheel a number of times, while using a database of only 2k hands.

netsrak
07-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Anything special in your computer configuration?
Which type of computer?
Security software?
Postgresql on a network server?
Which postgresql version?

As this is not a standard problem we need to know as much details as possible.