PDA

View Full Version : error message when opening HEM

steven14
07-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Hello, I am getting the following error message when trying to open my hem. I have never had this error before. I have had hem for about two years.

Unhandled exception has occurred. The type initializer for 'Scanner.Form1' threw an exception.

It says I can click continue and try to see if the hem will open anyway, or cancel to close it out. Needless to say, it doesnt open when I hit continue...thanks for your assistance, have a great weekend!!!

steven

morny
07-03-2010, 01:55 PM
please give HoldemManager Administrator rights:

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator". if the option is grayed out then this is because youve UAC disabled, in which case enable UAC Disable User Account Control (UAC) the Easy Way on Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/) and reboot the PC then do step 3 and then you can disable UAC again if you like.
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe and hmimport.exe

steven14
07-05-2010, 01:24 PM
thanks for the reply. when I get to RVG software, there is Hold em Manager, not holdemmaneger.exe

when i right click hem and select properties, there is no compatability tab. the tabs i see are general, sharing, security and customize.

my user acct. is enabled.

perhaps I didnt follow the instructions exactly ?

netsrak
07-05-2010, 02:33 PM
You need to open your workplace or windows explorer and navigate to the folder mentioned above in your computer -> c: ->....