PDA

View Full Version : Import HH errors

pokerever123
07-01-2010, 04:56 AM
I had recently a problem when i import my hand history. Every time when i import a single HH file, it doesn't process any hand but gives me a lot of errors.
localhost://c:\error.jpg

I've tried importing HH from different poker sites, such as PS, FTP, IPoker, but all failed.

HM updated to 1.11.02

What could be the problem?

morny
07-01-2010, 11:48 PM
can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and see if the problem persists, if so please email some of the hands to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread and well check it out

4entourage
07-10-2010, 12:20 AM
can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and see if the problem persists, if so please email some of the hands to support@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread and well check it out

I am having the same problm but have about a 20 million hand DB after purchasing hands --- wont that take foreeeever?? I just got it all into one combined DB and it took over 2 weeks... I cant just ifnish and have to start again but every big import file is 100% import errors - but when I export hands and re-import them they have like "200 of 200" ya there duplicates but they work.... what can I do besides waiting another 2-3 weeks restoring!??!

netsrak
07-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance

4entourage
07-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Did that along with Vacuum and I am still having the same results... I will try again though. I'll let you know when its done.

4entourage
07-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Ya its still failing on all imports. I have re-indexed it two times. -- 100% import errors...

It has to be from me cloning my old drive. I was running out of space on the 500 gig it was on.
I bought a 2TB drive - cloned it over to the new 2TB drive.
Then I switched the old partition to a different drive letter --- and put the new drive back to what the original one was set at (my "H" drive)

Could this have messed up something? It has to be affecting it but I dont know why or how...all I did was clone the drive and put back the original drive letter to the new drive after...

morny
07-12-2010, 12:50 AM
If you just try the new database and import a small few hands just as a test so we can verify if its the database or something else, If its the database and the new one is fine try rooting around in the PostgreSQL logs, it should create some sort of an error that might give some clues to the problem but in the vast majority of cases when you have these problems the database has become corrupt and there isnt much you can do.

When it done the clone maybe it didnt transfer all the database files successfully, 1 missing file could easily corrupt the database

_Loki_
07-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Good morning Morny - For my information... where is this postgreSQL log (or logs) related to errors & is it accessed via pgAdmn III ?
I looked in the postgreSQL tree & there's a lot of folders/files with 'Log' in the name

Hi 4entourage - please excuse the hijack

4entourage
07-12-2010, 05:33 AM
Ya its weird - I can import files of hands that were already in my DB adn it does it fine (obv there duplicates but it works)

As for a new database - I did start to import some of my 30 GIGS of notepad files - and they are importing fine it seems, at least the random points I check on it. Its taking days so Im not obviously watching it all...but in a new DB yes the files are importing...

4entourage
07-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Could it be because the Hard drive was switched from basic to dynamic?

(But under Dynamic--my new DB is importing fine....?)

UPDATE**
I found a tool to convert back to Basic without losing data --- did an import of a file - still import errored at 100%.....

I mean I've done everything.... re-indexed multiple times...uninstall and re-install both hem and postsql (just did it for the 2nd time too since now back to "Basic" on hard drive. I tested an import and 11 hands were imported, and 11,494 errors...) tried downgrading to older version --

morny
07-12-2010, 09:20 PM
It looks very like its corrupted so, the only thing i can think of left to try is to set permissions on the drive. Go to where the data folder in PostgreSQL is stored and right click, choose properties then into the security TAB, choose edit and tick all the boxes to allow everyone full permission. Then restart HM and try again.

Failing that the logs i talked about are in here:
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\pg_log

Try importing a small file with only a couple of hands and it should create a log, attach it here and it might give some clues however were really clutching at straws at this stage but it might save you reimporting 20million hands

Loki i dont think its an error log as such it just records all the stuff going on in the database so it might have something that refers to the problem, unlikely though but worth a look at least

4entourage
07-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Nothing is in my log folder.... I even just re-cloned it to another partition just to try but no luck. Figured it wouldnt but wanted to test. I set permission for everyone in homegroup- admin- etc to allow all and still fails everything. This ALL happened basically after cloning the drive to the new partition.... and I juuuuuust spent like 20 days importing all my hands into 1 database--to a few days later have to do it again? I cant evne play right now..... :/

immadeadbird
07-13-2010, 01:47 AM
im having the same problem. when i was using the free trial it worked great. however once i bought HEM it wacked out on me. ( just like OP )

none of my previous HH works. (however my sitNgos work.....)
and i cant import any HH without getting the same error as op

netsrak
07-13-2010, 03:24 AM
Please try importing some hands into a new database for a test.

There is no difference between the trial and the licensed version.

4entourage
07-13-2010, 06:19 PM
UPDATE!***********!*********

So I have been playin around with the query tool - exporting hands based off date ranges.

Every hand from months ago that I export - exports perfect. It makes a successful notepad with a hand history --- 4 blank lines --- another hand---4 blank lines--etc.

Whenever I do anything that is within the last like 2-3 weeks --- everything is all together - no spaces - no breaks --- Im assuming this is where my database is corrupted.

Going to delete last month of hands and see if this helps - will update after.

4entourage
07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Also - Can I delete the "pgsql_tmp" folder in the
H:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.4\data\base directory??

Its 27 gigs - if its a temp folder wasnt sure if it was needed. Obv checking first. Thanks - after DB is done backing up I will test purging recent hands and vacuuming DB to see if it works again :(

morny
07-13-2010, 10:21 PM
the only folder i know of you can delete is the pg_log one so i wouldnt delete it unless your sure, mines empty fwiw, i doubt purging will fix the problem since its affecting new hands you try and import but you never know

4entourage
08-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Ok this is really pissing me off now

Brand new hard drive (2nd one) -- WD Caviar Black
Brand new install of HEM + SQL 8.4
Restored a database I had backed up from last hard drive - successful
Still 100% import errors on EVERYTHING I import.

I NEED HELP!

netsrak
08-02-2010, 03:36 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.