PDA

View Full Version : Tableninja install/upgrade failing

slowjoe
06-30-2010, 04:27 AM
When I start Tableninja, instead, I get forced to do an upgrade.

That upgrade fails, with a dialog box that says:
<quote>
Window Installer

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

CLick ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package TableNinjaSetup.msi in the box below

Ok Cancel
</quote>
Retrying fails with the following:
<quote>
The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
Ok
</quote>

Fool
06-30-2010, 05:09 AM
It sounds like your copy may have become corrupted somehow. First close TableNinja. Then download the following tool and use it to remove TN:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Now download and reinstall a fresh copy from TableNinja :: Downloads (http://tableninja.com/downloads.php). Let me know if your still having trouble after.

slowjoe
06-30-2010, 05:24 AM
When I go to that page, I see the following text:

This article previously contained a link to the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe). If you were directed to this article to solve a problem installing a product other than Microsoft Office, please contact your software manufacturer for installation support on the product.

Looks like the tools isn't there. Any other ideas?

Fool
06-30-2010, 05:27 AM
I'm not sure what happened to that link. I'll do what I can to sort it out and get back to you.

slowjoe
06-30-2010, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the remarkably quick response. Appreciate that.

However, I again see:

<quote>
This article previously contained a link to the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe). If you were directed to this article to solve a problem installing a product other than Microsoft Office, please contact your software manufacturer for installation support on the product.

While the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components installed on the computer. Because of this, the tool has been removed from the Microsoft Download Center. The Fix it Solutions in this article provide the ability to fully remove Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 suites without damaging other Windows components.
</quote>

On a hunch, I've tried with both Firefox and IE.

It's probably a silly question, but would it be ok to simply use "add/remove programs" to remove then reinstall?

Fool
06-30-2010, 05:36 AM
Generally add/remove fails when this happens and can occasionally make the problem worse. Please PM me your skype or other messenger contact info. There are a few unsupported tools I can use to fill the gap while we replace the Microsoft Cleanup tool. I'd be more comfortable walking you though them on teamview than describing however.

Fool
06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Apparently the cleanup tool caused some occasional problems with Microsoft Office and was removed. Its still hosted various places on the internet however, such as Windows Installer CleanUp Utility Download - Softpedia (http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility-Download-18442.html).