PDA

View Full Version : Ongame missing hands

bullen3
10-16-2008, 04:29 PM
HM seem to import about 90-95% of the hands I play. I play on nextpoker.

How do I fix it?

fabio
10-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Which version are you using?

corkinthecorner
10-17-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm also missing a ton of hands from my ongame play i use the 1.06.03h version with the stand alone ongame hand extractor, and my friend has the same problem.

emwi76
10-19-2008, 08:34 AM
I miss alot too.

The explanation ive had is that i should try renameing it and re-import.
And sure, that does import more hands. But not all.

There is some other explanation as well. About the total amount of the pot not really being correct to the amount of bets. Dunno exacktly but something like that.

Would be great if it was possible to get like 99% at least correct imports. And not having to rename and do alot of extra work to get it to work.

Hopefully in the future..

sampe
10-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I miss a ton of hands aswell. Only "big pots" aswell. Raise-folded pots is almost always in there but when the action gets heavy it miss alot.

emwi76
10-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I miss a ton of hands aswell. Only "big pots" aswell. Raise-folded pots is almost always in there but when the action gets heavy it miss alot.

Exactly how i experience it as well

morny
10-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Make sure you have this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

If you experience this problem then close down HM and your ongame client and do the following:

1) rename the ongame DB to something else so that the ongame client recreates a new one. A smaller DB will have less of these problems
2) Open holdemmanager.config from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config and look for OngameDBDelay. Change the value from 15 to say 30 or 60. The longer you set this the less frequently HM will try to import hands. That # is the number of seconds.

The problem is that when ongame is writing hand info to the DB it frequently fails when another program is querying the DB. This causes corrupt hand info in the DB. What they should be doing is retrying on a failure (like Prima does for their SQLite DB) but they are not so if you play a bunch of tables then the chances of missing hands is higher since you are more likely to be reading from the DB while ongame tries to write to the DB. By setting this # much higher you make this much less likely.