PDA

View Full Version : tablemanager doesn't start

Stranger
06-29-2010, 02:52 AM
Hi,
updatet HM to 1.11.02b yesterday and tablemanager won't start now..
some data:
1. Holdem Manager Professional 1.11.02b
2. FT and Stars, though it won't work anywhere else aswell, if tablemanager doesnt start
3. HUD is configured like supposed to in HM-FAQ
4. handhistory appears in the right place
5. autoimporting hands works correctly
6. can't use tablefinder, because tablemanager doesnt start
7. handhistories are in english
8. System: Win XP prof. SP3, Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 SP1, PostgreSQL 8.2
9. Tablemanager does not start with autoimport, not with HUD Options/ Relaunch HUD, and not by manually starting HMHud.exe
10. HMHud.exe, Holdemmanager.exe and DBControlPanel.exe are allowed by windows firewall

Holdemmanager.config is attached to this post

I read this in another thread with same topic and tried it but it didnt help:

Restart your computer and try updating again.

If the table manager still wont open, see if this helps:

0. Make sure you have installed the latest Beta version.
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.
5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings
10. Table manager should start again.

Any suggestions?

netsrak
06-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Are you from pokerstrategy?
I answered a similar thread there some minutes ago.

Stranger
06-29-2010, 03:54 AM
yep sry. didnt know youre active in this forum aswell netsrak

DrunkAnimal
06-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Are you from pokerstrategy?
I answered a similar thread there some minutes ago.

may be you can post answer here?

Stranger
06-30-2010, 12:44 PM
netsrak's answer was something like:
"Are you sure the table manager window is not being minimized directly and appears in the icons bottom right of your screen?

and

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Launch HUD with Auto Import (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/212/Launch+HUD+with+Auto+Import) "

which did not help

but i solved the problem meanwhile by (again) deinstalling Holdemmanager completely (don't forget backing up), deleting every entry in regedit and every bit of left behind config file and reinstalling HM

morny
06-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Interesting, its an issue that some people have that we havent been able to track down. Did you use Revo uninstaller for the clearing the registry.

There is a temporary solution If you go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager, then right click on hmhud.exe and choose properties > send to > desktop and it will create a shortcut icon on the desktop, add this to your quick launch menu and use this to launch the hud anymore

Stranger
07-01-2010, 02:07 AM
No i don't know Revo uninstaller.

I deinstalled via Windows add/remove programs, then deleted the remaining HM folder on the hard drive and then started regedit manually and searched for entrys of Holdemmanager and RVG and deleted them.

The_Groke
07-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Interesting, its an issue that some people have that we havent been able to track down. Did you use Revo uninstaller for the clearing the registry.

There is a temporary solution If you go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager, then right click on hmhud.exe and choose properties > send to > desktop and it will create a shortcut icon on the desktop, add this to your quick launch menu and use this to launch the hud anymore

this trick doesnt work for me, it wont start. I will do the un/reinstall and hope it works...