PDA

View Full Version : Hands where wins show as losses on FTP

SteveCut
06-28-2010, 11:09 AM
HM is not tracking Rush hands accurately, i have at least 3 hands in my last session that i won and HM says that i lost but doesn't show the winner.

I plucked the above from another thread and I've opened this new one as I thought this problem important enough to have a separate thread. I have investigated this problem and found the source, have devised a temporary work-round and suggest a simple possible long-term solution that can be implemented by HEM's developers. Actually, this is not a HEM bug but an FTP one, but I doubt very much if FTP would devote resources to fix it as it's probably not important to them, but it's very important for HEM users as most users FTP winnings are at present being understated. I only play Rush, so I don't know if the problem is limited to Rush HHs or occurs for all cash games. Obviously it would be safest just to implement the fix for all games.

The problem:

Here is a HH that displays the problem:

Full Tilt Poker Game #21911296287: Table Mach 10 - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 9:43:54 ET - 2010/06/27
Seat 1: Petiu ($10.19)
Seat 2: alpha51 ($15.09)
Seat 3: SteveCut ($13.17)
Seat 4: ViolaterRUS ($18.42)
Seat 5: IBOT 264 ($20.55)
Seat 6: hrefundini ($6.99)
Seat 7: Saghall ($7.38)
Seat 8: champstone ($3.18)
Seat 9: xuchying ($3.55)
ViolaterRUS posts the small blind of $0.05
IBOT 264 posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SteveCut [9s 9d]
hrefundini folds
Saghall folds
champstone folds
xuchying folds
Petiu raises to $0.35
alpha51 folds
SteveCut calls $0.35
ViolaterRUS folds
IBOT 264 folds
*** FLOP *** [7c 6h 4h]
Petiu bets $0.70
SteveCut has 15 seconds left to act
SteveCut raises to $2.10
Petiu has 15 seconds left to act
Petiu folds
Uncalled bet of $1.40 returned to SteveCut
SteveCut mucks
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2.25 | Rake $0.15
Board: [7c 6h 4h]
Seat 1: Petiu folded on the Flop
Seat 2: alpha51 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: SteveCut (button) collected ($2.10), mucked
Seat 4: ViolaterRUS (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: IBOT 264 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: hrefundini didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: Saghall didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: champstone didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: xuchying didn't bet (folded)

There should be an entry like this after the SteveCut mucks entry:
SteveCut wins the pot ($2.25)

but it's missing from the HH received from FTP.

However, when I manually request the HH from FTP's archive, the line is present:

FullTiltPoker Game #21911296287: Mach 10, Entry #1 - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 9:43:54 ET - 2010/06/27

Seat 1: Petiu ($10.19)
Seat 2: alpha51 ($15.09)
Seat 3: SteveCut ($13.17)
Seat 4: ViolaterRUS ($18.42)
Seat 5: IBOT 264 ($20.55)
Seat 6: hrefundini ($6.99)
Seat 7: Saghall ($7.38)
Seat 8: champstone ($3.18)
Seat 9: xuchying ($3.55)
ViolaterRUS posts the small blind of $0.05
IBOT 264 posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SteveCut [9s 9d]
hrefundini folds
Saghall folds
champstone folds
xuchying folds
Petiu raises to $0.35
alpha51 folds
SteveCut calls $0.35
ViolaterRUS folds
IBOT 264 folds
*** FLOP *** [7c 6h 4h]
Petiu bets $0.70
SteveCut has 15 seconds left to act
SteveCut raises to $2.10
Petiu has 15 seconds left to act
Petiu folds
Uncalled bet of $1.40 returned to SteveCut
SteveCut mucks
SteveCut wins the pot ($2.10)
*** SUMMARY ***
Duration 48s
Board: [7c 6h 4h]
Seat 1: Petiu folded on the Flop
Seat 2: alpha51 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: SteveCut (button) collected ($2.10)
Seat 4: ViolaterRUS (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: IBOT 264 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: hrefundini didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: Saghall didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: champstone didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: xuchying didn't bet (folded)

I get these errors on a daily basis and I get a greater number of these errors when I have connection problems in a session, so I would guess that the win data goes missing when there is an ill-timed disconnection?

Here is the HEM HH for that same hand:

***** Hand History for Game 21911296287 ***** (Full Tilt)
$10.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, June 27, 09:43:54 ET 2010
Table Mach 10 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Seat 1: Petiu ( $10.19 USD )
Seat 2: alpha51 ( $15.09 USD )
Seat 3: SteveCut ( $13.17 USD )
Seat 4: ViolaterRUS ( $18.42 USD )
Seat 5: IBOT 264 ( $20.55 USD )
Seat 6: hrefundini ( $6.99 USD )
Seat 7: Saghall ( $7.38 USD )
Seat 8: champstone ( $3.18 USD )
Seat 9: xuchying ( $3.55 USD )
ViolaterRUS posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
IBOT 264 posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SteveCut [ 9s 9d ]
hrefundini folds
Saghall folds
champstone folds
xuchying folds
Petiu raises [$0.35 USD]
alpha51 folds
SteveCut calls [$0.35 USD]
ViolaterRUS folds
IBOT 264 folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7c, 6h, 4h ]
Petiu bets [$0.70 USD]
SteveCut raises [$2.10 USD]
Petiu folds
SteveCut wins $1.40 USD

which, because of the missing entry in the FTP HH, shows that I put $2.45 into the pot and received back only $1.40 (my returned uncallled bet) resulting in a loss of $1.05 instead of the actual win of $2.10.

The long-term solution:

Even with the 'win' line missing, there is sufficient information in the HH to ascertain the real win amount. The summary section of the FTP HH contains the lines:

Seat 3: SteveCut (button) collected ($2.10), mucked

So, in the event that the 'wins' line is missing, HEM could take this information from the summary.

The work-around:

I carry out the following procedures each day to ensure that my HHs are corrrect. It looks like a lot when written down, but only takes a few minutes when you do it.

At the end of a day's play:

1) In HEM go to 'Hands' and select 'Today', 'All' and 'Refresh'. When the day's HHs appear, click twice on the 'Winner' column to sort the hands by winner. This will display any blank winner lines before all others. Any erroneous entries will have a blank as winner.

N.B. Unfortunately there may be some genuine blank winner entries because there are often no winners after rake in a split pot. However, rather than piss-ball about separating the wheat from the chaff, you can temporarily delete these hands too. Don't worry, we'll get them back later.

2) Now delete these 'blank winner' entries:
Check that the first row has no entry in the winner column and click on it;
scroll down to the last row with a blank in the winner column;
press the 'Shift' key on your keyboard and hold it down;
click on that last row;
release Shift'.
All the entries with no winner shown should now be selected (a darker colour).
Now 'right click' on that last selected row (any other row and it won't work properly) and from the pop-up menu select 'Delete Selected Hands'. A confirmation dialog will appear asking if your sure you want to delete 'x' hands. Check that the number of hands looks about right and confirm that you wish to delete them. After a while you'll receive a message that the hands have been deleted.

OK, so that's eradicated all the dodgy hands (and also wiped-out a few innocent bystanders :eek:- but wtf! :)). Now we need to import the correct HHs (and resuscitate the innocent victims.) But we cannot do this until HEM has been shut-down and restarted, otherwise HEM still thinks the deleted records are in the DB and it won't overwrite them. So:

3) Shut-down HEM: 'File', 'Exit'.

4) Now we need to go to FTP and request the day's HH's manually. Open FTP, log-in. Click on 'Cashier'->'My Promotions'. This will launch your web browser. In the web browser, select 'Hand History'. (If the 'Hand History' option isn't present, you'll need to ask FTP for permission to use it, as it's not available for all users ATM, as it's still in beta.) When the Hand History page comes up, click 'Add New Request' and select 'Date', click on the little calendar that will appear and select 'Today' to get all HHs for that day. then click 'Request'. Now you'll have to wait until after the day finishes before you'll get your HHs. So we'll do that tomorrow.

5) Go to bed. Sweet dreams!

6) Good morning! Open FTP, log-in. Click on 'Cashier'->'My Promotions'. This will launch your web browser. Your previously requested HH file should be ready. Click on the little down-arrow icon and download it to a dedicated directory on your computer.
N.B. In order to speed things up I normally actually request that day's HHs at this time also (i.e. I do step 4 now). Your request will just sit in a queue until the day has ended anyway, but it saves visiting this page twice a day.

7) Open HEM. Click on 'Import'; 'Import Files', and navigate to your dedicated HH directory as designated in step 6. Select the file you just downloaded and import it into HEM. When the import has finished it should show that you have imported 'x' hands (the number of hands you played yesterday) and that the vast majority of them were duplicates. But you should see that there were a few hands that were not duplicates. These are the hands you deleted yesterday. So now you've successfully replaced all those erroneous HHs with correct ones and you've also resuscitated all your innocent victims.

Your HHs and stats for yesterday are now correct!

@ HEM developers. It would be a nice feature if 'File Import' had the option to select to overwrite existing files. Then all this mucking about with deletions could be avoided. We could just re-import all the hands daily with the manually requested records from FTP and automatically overwrite any erroneous entries.

morny
06-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi Steve, thanks for detailing all this, were already working on the issue and it will be fixed in the next version to avoid all this hassle. The skipping issue is also something well look at as i agree that can cause even further issues