PDA

View Full Version : Another donk bet question

danols
06-28-2010, 07:26 AM
What does a filter for identifying hero donk bet hands look like?

(definition of donk bet: call a pre flop raise, see flop & bet into the pre flop raiser before he can do a cbet)

(I have searched & read many threads but haven't found a definite answer)

One answer from morny was like this:
Last to act on flop = false
PFR = false
3Bet = false
Facing flop cbet = false
Flop bet = true

This works if pot is HU but not if the pot is 3 way+ and the pfr is in 1st position and does not cbet, and hero is in 2nd position and he does bet.
Then this is not a donk bet (according to my definition) but would be identified as one with this filter

Can one use the flopcbetmade flag or does that only apply to the hand from hero's perspective?

It has got to be possible since it is in the HUD but I just haven't been able to create the filter in the reports

Would appreciate some help. Thanks

a.k.a.Also
06-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Are we agreed that to donk bet, we have to
be out of position to the raiser
have called a raise, and therefore must have call & called
bet into the raiser.
So I've started out by adding just Call Call to the Preflop actions and all of the Bet options to the flop options.

Then I exported 12 hands returned by this filter (excluding SB hands) to the hard disk, made a new db called donkbet, imported the hands and created a hud with Donk bet flop as the only stat and.......
it shows 100% :)

Edit
Whilst we're on the subject, isn't this what Dan Harrington refers to as a feeler bet, and if so when/why did it become a donk bet?