PDA

View Full Version : HM1 Update for Merge SNGs

betany
09-08-2012, 10:46 AM
With respect to purging hands for the HM1 update in the instructions , can you add some clarification on that process e.g just Merge SNG hands or what?. Also what happens when you bring them back from Archive?
I have it working without purging, what was the purpose of the purge?

Patvs
09-08-2012, 04:57 PM
There are two types of purges (delete)

-options--> settings--> purge hands (will delete handhistory, hand from graph, $Won from sessions, etc. everything, so hand won't be used anymore for stats)
-options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands--> will delete the handhistory and therefore the ability to replay the hand, but the hand will still be used for the graph, $Won from sessions and for the HUD.

Purging hands is NOT recommended if the pokersite, doesn't write 'normal' handhistory files that aren't in your archive folder.

fozzy71
09-09-2012, 10:56 PM
I have it working without purging, what was the purpose of the purge?

It will work fine for new hands without purging but the hands that were written by Merge after August 20th weren't being recorded properly in some cases so you need to purge and reimport them if you want the results corrected.

brbrbr
09-10-2012, 11:34 AM
I installed this Merge update, Merge sngs look fine, however, now Pokerstars sngs are all in the "not finnished" gray condition.

fozzy71
09-10-2012, 04:09 PM
I installed this Merge update, Merge sngs look fine, however, now Pokerstars sngs are all in the "not finnished" gray condition.

Please download and install the new HM1 build I just uploaded this morning which has some major fixes for stars tourney results/ev, and try importing your hands to a new DB - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/announcements.html

SNG or MTT's? Any tournament with more than 1 table will require a separate Tournament Summary/History file to be imported for HM2 to properly calculate the size, places, and prizes.

You need to request and import any/all your tournament histories and import those to HM. Stars did not write the tourney summaries to your hard drive in the past, like FTP did. They recently added this feature, so please enable the option in the PokerStars client and add the folder to your Auto Import Folder Configuration.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/441/Poker+Stars+Tournament+Summary+Setup

Email support@pokerstars.com and ask for ALL your old Hand Histories and Tournament Histories/Summaries.

They will send you an email with links to zip files of your hand histories. Download all the zip files. Right-Click > Extract the contents of each zip file to a new folder. HM > Import From Folder for all of the unzipped hands.

The tournament summaries should be attached to the email as .htm files. Download the attachments. HM > Import File(s) for all of those files. It will probably ask you to search/select your Pokerstars screen name. If the files are sent as .html you will need to rename them (Right-Click > Rename) from .html to .htm extensions.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+

brbrbr
09-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Please download and install the new HM1 build I just uploaded this morning which has some major fixes for stars tourney results/ev, and try importing your hands to a new DB -

Easy for you to write. Not so easy for me to do, as the database is about 60 GB, and I guess at 2 h/s it would take about 10 days to import.

Also, you have another bug, manually importing files in HM1 does not create "standardized hand format", it is only written when doing auto-import.

I installed the old "current" version, 1.12.10b, and now it works again.

SNG or MTT's? Any tournament with more than 1 table will require a separate Tournament Summary/History file to be imported for HM2 to properly calculate the size, places, and prizes.

Single table SNGs. The 'merge fix' version was importing all hands except for the last had of the tournament. Also, this is for HM1, not HM2.

fozzy71
09-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Easy for you to write. Not so easy for me to do, as the database is about 60 GB, and I guess at 2 h/s it would take about 10 days to import.

You have 10 million hands in your database? I was only suggesting you create a new database and import a small sample of recent hands for testing, not your entire database.

Also, you have another bug, manually importing files in HM1 does not create "standardized hand format", it is only written when doing auto-import.

I installed the old "current" version, 1.12.10b, and now it works again.

Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.com

Single table SNGs. The 'merge fix' version was importing all hands except for the last had of the tournament.

That was fixed in the 26Aug build and should still be fixed in the 10Sep build

Also, this is for HM1, not HM2.

That was just a canned reply I use for HM2 but the same applies to HM1. Any tourney with more than 1 table will require a summary file in pokerstars, and for most all sites.

brbrbr
09-12-2012, 11:21 AM
You have 10 million hands in your database?

Yes, I know, I'm an idiot.

I was only suggesting you create a new database and import a small sample of recent hands for testing, not your entire database.

Ok, The latest version (HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_10Sep2012) fixes the last hand missing problem for Poker Stars. Thanks for the fix.

As for the standardized hand history not being created when doing "Import Files" instead of auto import, this has been so for a long long time. My guess is that somebody was trying to speed up import times and then forgot to put back the creation of the standardized history text. In fact, instead of the normal history, just the string "Parser_Version_2" is inserted.

fozzy71
09-12-2012, 04:52 PM

As for the standardized hand history not being created when doing "Import Files" instead of auto import, this has been so for a long long time. My guess is that somebody was trying to speed up import times and then forgot to put back the creation of the standardized history text. In fact, instead of the normal history, just the string "Parser_Version_2" is inserted.

Thank you for the info. I have forwarded this info via email for internal discussion and testing as it is beyond my knowledge.