PDA

View Full Version : can't reinstall postgres

Rapala
06-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Yesterday I turned on my computer, tried to start HM which has been working fine for over a year and get the classic error:

unable to read data from transport connection. Connection closed by remote host.

I had this problem before when I had kaspersky installed and following the faq advice I have done the following:

-uninstalled postgres
- gone to a command prompt and deleted the user with 'net use postgres /delete'
- uninstalled comdodo firewall
- uninstalled avast antivirus
- deleted all registry entries
- uninstalled HM
- reinstalled postgres which runs perfectly (although the first time I tried I got some stack builder error)

When I open pgadmin and put in my password I get the following error ' server closed the connection, server terminated abnormally etc'

Please help, I am well and truly stuck

netsrak
06-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Next time you have this problem you should not uninstall postgresql before contacting us.

Please check your pgadmin server settings. It is possible that you need to edit this data for the new postgresql installation.

If that doesn't help please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.