PDA

View Full Version : Not so sure autorate is working correctly

Punky159
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
I have read all the FAQs and Guides on Autorate... and a few weeks ago I was having issues with it not showing up properly, but I was assured by Loki, that it worked fine on his, but that my rules were too complicated.

I decided to simplify, and using only tournament full and 6-max I decided to reprogram autorate one step at a time... starting only with VPIP, I set up 4 icons as follows

Rock - VPIP < 10
ABC - VPIP 10 - 18
Crown - VPIP 18 - 28
Fish - VPIP > 28

This first set of rules worked fine... until I added a second row.... AF. (I waited for a new group of SnG's to play, and I restarted HM).

Mouse - VPIP < 10; AF < 1.5
Rock - VPIP < 10; AF > 1.5
Fish - VPIP > 28; AF < 1.5
Dice - VPIP > 28; AF 1.5 - 3.5
Tornado - VPIP > 28; AF > 3.5

The mouse never showed up, even though there were 3 players with the proper stats for the mouse.

The rock showed up, but it seemed to ignore the AF stats and same thing with the Fish, there, but AF stats were ignore.

The Dice and Tornado never showed.... So, is it bugged? Grabbing stats from the wrong area? Or do the icons have to be fine tuned to 1.4 and 3.6 versus 1.5 and 3.5?

Not sure what to do, becuase I'd like to set 12 icons using the autorate and if they aren't going to work, then the last 3 weeks of working with them have been a waste for me.

Are they not supposed to have any overlap? I'm totally lost.

_Loki_
06-27-2010, 08:38 PM
They can overlap, but your rules have to be in the right order for example

If you like I will have a look at your autorate file for 6max & see if I can spot a problem

You will find it here:
"C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config\AutoRate\Autorate - 6m Holdem NL-PL.txt"

Just post it here as an attachment

_Loki_
06-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Some thoughts...

###
This is the post where we last discussed autorate:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-general/32310-having-issues-autorate-please-help-2.html
You pasted your rules into a post & they did work for me although I edited one (rule 13 I think)

If you choose to let me have a look at your new rules it is better if you attach a copy of the file to a post here rather than pasting the contents INTO a post

###
You wrote this in this thread:

Mouse - VPIP < 10; AF < 1.5
Rock - VPIP < 10; AF > 1.5
Fish - VPIP > 28; AF < 1.5
Dice - VPIP > 28; AF 1.5 - 3.5
Tornado - VPIP > 28; AF > 3.5

Is this the order of the rules (mouse = rule 1, Rock = rule 2 etc etc) ?

Punky159
06-28-2010, 08:56 AM
yes that's the order... if there is a better post that explains the proper order for the icons and rules, that would be really helpful. I'm like a chef using a cook book; if you point out the right cookbook recipies, I can cook pretty much anything that I can follow in the cook book.

thanks.

Oh basically, I'm trying to simplify my autorates and for sit and go players, the averages are much lower... as an example.

Super tight players VPIP are < 10
Tight/Standard Players VPIP are 10 - 20; but good players have VPIP around 9 to 18
Loose Players VPIP is around 20 - 28
and players who play crazy are 28 and above.

I'm trying to create autorates that reflect this and also show the weak, standard, aggressive types.

Thanks in advance for your help, it's much appreciated.

Punky

Punky159
06-28-2010, 08:58 AM
If I have time today when I get home (kids are in town), I will rework the rules exactly how I'm trying to do them and then do a snapshot and post. Thanks Loki, you are a great help.

_Loki_
06-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi

###
Do a snapshot if you like, but it is LESS WORK for me if you ATTACH the file as well

When your file is ready just click 'reply' & you will see a 'Manage Attachments' button in the 'Additional Options' box below the 'submit reply' & 'Preview Post' buttons. Just follow the dialogs to attach your file

###
The order that's chosen only matters when you have rules that overlap
Your rules in your example don't overlap

The 'recipe' is this:
1] HM figures out which particular file of the 27 autorate rules files it should use at that moment of the action in the hand.
2] If there is a conflict in the 'Use For' tab it uses the default config (by default :D ) & I'm pretty sure this MIGHT effect which of the 27 files it uses for the rules
3] When HM is looking for which icon to use for a player it starts at rule 1] & works down to the last rule. When it finds a rule that agrees with the players stats (& sample size you chose) it applies that rule & looks no further down the list
4] If it can't find a rule to match in the list it will not apply an icon. That player will display the asterisk

###
So your mouse never showed up probably for one of these reasons:
** (You pointed this out yourself in the other thread I seem to remember): It's using a different autorate rules file to the one you want it to use
** Your sample size criteria prevented the mouse symbol triggering

###
As I said in the other thread there is no point trying to test your rules in live play, bacause you do not have time to study why autorate isn't working the way you expected. So when you want to test your rules use the replayer if you can

###
You are better designing your sng HUD first (including colour ranges) & then designing your sng autorate rules using the same ranges. Put all your sample sizes to zero until you are sure the icons are kicking in as you expect them to. This simplifies diagnosis.

Punky159
06-28-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm going to try some of your tips first, then if I still can't get it to work, I'll do the other stuff. thanks

_Loki_
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
The way I did my autorate for 6max (see below) was to use vpip as the foundation.
I chose to put highest vpip first & divided the vpip into 5 categories to match my HUD vpip colour ranges. So you get:
cat 1 > 50: Rule 1
Cat 2 > 33: Rule 2
Cat 3 > 25: Rules 3 to 5
Cat 4 > 12: Rules 6 to 12
Cat 5 > 0: Rules 13 & 14

I'm then able to sub-divide the categories where it matters the most - you will see there are more rules in the middle then at the extremes
I've used PFR, AF & 3bet to create the sub-divisions & the values for these match my HUD colour ranges for these values

The 14th Rule (Mouse) picks up ALL players who havn't been sifted out by the other rules, IF I have 20 hands on them that is. This means if I see a player in my HUD with > 20 hands & he hasn't got an autorate icon, then my rules (or something in HM) is broken

http://1.2.3.11/bmi/i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/_L_O_K_I_/hem/BAutoRaterules01-07.png
http://1.2.3.12/bmi/i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/_L_O_K_I_/hem/CAutoRaterules08-14.png