PDA

View Full Version : FAQ Issues

The Minder
06-27-2010, 03:03 AM
While all the support staff were lolling in Vegas and us pleebs were running around helping noobs with all the bugs in 1.11, it occurred to me that if these noobs made better use of HEM's FAQ we could cut down on a lot of forum traffic. But I like being a cynical old codger and just let it go at the time.

Then, _Loki_ had a burst of genius (or indigestion from a particularly potent curry) and raised an issue of HUD lag... http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-bugs/29528-hud-lag-stars-over-12-tables-3.html#post157526

I couldn't remember what the setting was for the HUD refresh so I though to myself "myself... why don't you use the FAQ to find out what the HUD refresh rate is?". And you know what? I found the FAQ absolutely useless. If I do a search for "HUD refresh rate" the first item found is "Multi Currency". The remaining 'suggestions' are just as helpful.

Then I remembered something else, about HEM not have a full set of boolean functions and that's why filters/reports/etc are pretty basic in HEM. I have a feeling that the same applies to the FAQ because after looking at a couple of the suggested solutions to my problem it appears the FAQ search is an 'or' search only and thus returns any solution containing 'HUD', 'rate' or 'refresh'.

I tried a couple of the standard search limiters like using the + symbol and enclosing the words in quotes, but got no real beneficial results.

Support wanna help me out here?

netsrak
06-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Tx, i'll forward it to B-Money and Morny who manage the FAQ.

B-Money
06-27-2010, 12:19 PM
HUD refresh rate is not in the FAQ's. I personally don't have an answer either. I'm guessing 5 seconds or after a hand is imported unless you are using live tracking?

FAQ search is what it is. Sometimes your search is on the second page, but most of the time it hits the first page. I asked the web guru's about a better search function when doing the FAQ's and I was told to get something half as good as Google it's extremely expensive. Like brand new 4-Runner expensive.

I have to say the FAQ software we use is pretty awesome. It's 100 times better than the old software in every single way. We can add more meta words to the FAQ's and that helps the search function. We also look at the most common search words and add meta keywords to appropriate FAQ's as well to help the search function. If I'm not mistaken the software also gets better with search words the more the FAQ's are used. The Software rates every single FAQ based on hits, votes and other parameters. The control panel for the FAQ's is pretty awesome.

GL,
-B