PDA

View Full Version : This makes no sense....

jaydeez40oz
06-26-2010, 12:41 AM
There are so many bugs, it makes HEM unusable practically!!

From missing files, to error messages, to tables not opening up properly and sitting out...table ninja not working correctly.....

UGH!! I am very displeased right now!!

HEM has been messing up my computer since the new version came out, and when I downgrade, STILL same bugs....

I need to earn a living here and this just doesn't work for me.

I've lost money because of this.

Grrrrrrr

Please fix this ASAP!

morny
06-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi,

Sorry your having issues and i know it can be frustrating. The thing is these are Beta's and as such since were making a lot of changes we cant always catch all the bugs. Sometimes people are forced to update from the last stable version due to the sites changing formats etc which we cant control, i would advise that you only update to the beta versions if your having issues with the last stable version to avoid these issues in future. Sometimes this isnt always possible due to the poker sites doing several big upgrades and in that case there isnt much we can do other than try to fix everything as quickly as possible.

There was a few more bugs than we would have liked in the last version however as you can see there was a lot more updates and fixes than usual so it can be expected to have some bugs when we make such big changes to the code, that said we do have internal testing and we do catch a lot of bugs you never get to see but theres literally thousands of possible scenario's where a bug could be introduced so if we were to test for every scenario then it would slow down the speed at which updates are released so we really do appreciate the people who do try beta versions and report bugs but the downside to trying these beta versions is that although you get to beta test new features or get your bugs fixed quicker your chances of having new bugs are increased.

jaydeez40oz
06-26-2010, 07:06 PM
So I reinstalled HEM, PostgreSQL and deleted all my hand histories....

It seems to be working accordingly now. Only played 17 games this morning at a time and it was working great.

Only sucks that I deleted all my hand histories and have to start from scratch, but I could live with that.

=)

fozzy71
06-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Check your archive.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney histories/results.