PDA

View Full Version : Major Issues getting HEM Going

reddred
06-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Bought HEM like 3 days ago. I have Vista and play FTP. I hadn't been saving HH's, so I started building my database and have played 1600 hands since then. The HUD was working fine and had about 100 players in my database.

Problem #1: I'd have my stats selected under cash game reports, then when I went to import into Leak Buster, I was getting "No Data Found" message. Also when I'd click on "players", no list was showing up....I'd have to type player name to get them to appear.

Problem#2:Yesterday, I got FTP to send me 10k hands from a couple of months ago. I saved them in my named target HH folder (C:programFiles/ftp/HH) so they could be auto imported into HEM. I watched as it seemed these were imported. On the main page , next to the "Players" tab, I saw my numbers jump from 100 to 1300...again, it seems the HH's were imported OK. So when it's finished, and i go to look at my stats for what should be 11,600 hands, there are only 25 hands from some random day in the middle of May on there. WTF?!? I have the preset for "entire year". When I search for hands played yesterday, nothing shows up.

When I tried Leak Buster again, this time it worked!....for 85 hands (random).

Am I doing something wrong here or is it possible I just got a bad download of HEM, b/c things that should be work extremely easily are just not working right. I'm very frustrated with HEM right now.

morny
06-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Problem #1: I'd have my stats selected under cash game reports, then when I went to import into Leak Buster, I was getting "No Data Found" message. Also when I'd click on "players", no list was showing up....I'd have to type player name to get them to appear.

Hi this is normal as you need to type them in the first time and then they should show up in the dropdown next time you restart HM.

Problem#2:Yesterday, I got FTP to send me 10k hands from a couple of months ago. I saved them in my named target HH folder (CrogramFiles/ftp/HH) so they could be auto imported into HEM. I watched as it seemed these were imported. On the main page , next to the "Players" tab, I saw my numbers jump from 100 to 1300...again, it seems the HH's were imported OK. So when it's finished, and i go to look at my stats for what should be 11,600 hands, there are only 25 hands from some random day in the middle of May on there. WTF?!? I have the preset for "entire year". When I search for hands played yesterday, nothing shows up.

When I tried Leak Buster again, this time it worked!....for 85 hands (random).

Am I doing something wrong here or is it possible I just got a bad download of HEM, b/c things that should be work extremely easily are just not working right. I'm very frustrated with HEM right now.

You mentioned the hands were played a couple of months ago but you imported them yesterday. Maybe the hands were from 2009? Did you try changing the filter to all hands? See this FAQ FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Missing Hands or Inaccurate Reports (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/371/Missing+Hands+or+Innacurate+Reports)

reddred
06-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Hands def from 2010. and yes, I tried messing with the filters and re-setting the filters. Its all really very basic....it should just work, and its not.

netsrak
06-25-2010, 05:56 AM
The import gave no errors?
Was it cash game or tourney hands? Play money or real money?

reddred
06-25-2010, 12:37 PM
No errors came up with the import. Cash games , real money. I now have over 3200 players in my database, have imported almost 22,000 hands, and when I try to get a cash game report on myself for "this year", its only showing 450 random hands....wierd.

reddred
06-25-2010, 12:44 PM
do you think uninstalling, then reinstalling HEM might fix the problem?? I just feel like if given this issue, if you can't say " oh , just just forgot to click this one preset" , then something might have gone wrong with my download.

_Loki_
06-25-2010, 03:39 PM
No - don't do that

###
What version of HM is displayed in the title bar (above the menu) in HM ?

###
I think you are making a basic mistake somewhere - let's try & find what it is...
An unlikely possibility, but have you set up your hero name in HM ?
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setup Hero Names (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/35/Setup+Hero+Names)

###
Also try everything in here from the top & report back here
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Missing Hands or Inaccurate Reports (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/371/Missing+Hands+or+Inaccurate+Reports)

morny
06-25-2010, 07:38 PM
if Loki's suggestions dont fix the issue maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

Thanks
Morny
support@holdemmanager.com

reddred
06-26-2010, 11:20 AM
No - don't do that

###
What version of HM is displayed in the title bar (above the menu) in HM ?

###
I think you are making a basic mistake somewhere - let's try & find what it is...
An unlikely possibility, but have you set up your hero name in HM ?
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setup Hero Names (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/35/Setup+Hero+Names)

###
Also try everything in here from the top & report back here
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Missing Hands or Inaccurate Reports (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/371/Missing+Hands+or+Inaccurate+Reports)

HM version 1.11.02

Hero setup was correct, but your 3rd suggestiuon....to clear and then reset filters from "missing hands/inaccurate reports" seems to have completely lined things up. Not sure what the problem was, but that was essential a reset that seems to have everything lining up properly now. thanks for all your help.

Only remaining issue is leak buster is only using 450 of the 20k hands I have on there....not sure why that is...

morny
06-26-2010, 02:45 PM
regarding the leakbuster issue, If you contact leakbuster support they should be able to help

Leak Buster (http://www.pokerleakbuster.com/contact.html)

Thanks
Morny
Holdem Manager Support