PDA

View Full Version : HEM Doesn't Show Up in Revo

huskaloo
06-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Hi,

I am trying to uninstall HEM, so I can re-install. As I mentioned in previous post, my replayer is not working. HEM does not show up as an installed program in Revo Uninstaller or when I try to remove it from the control panel ADD/Remove programs. It's obviously installed, because I use it every day.

Thanks.

_Loki_
06-24-2010, 11:28 AM
###
I think you should have not started a new thread - it's really part of this one:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/31703-hand-replayer-not-working.html
[Especially as Morny mentions corrupt/missing system files in that thread]
Also you had troubles in earlier threads with bits missing from HEM such as other .png files (I'm half remembering from a few weeks ago)

###
Maybe your problem has nothing to do with HEM really & you have problems with your HDD or Windows or both which have caused HEM troubles ?

###
I think you should stop trying to fix HEM for now & diagnose/fix your hardware & software. The problem you might have is even if you fix your problems now by reinstalling HM there seems to me a very good chance that you will have HM failures again or postgreSQL failures IN THE FUTURE if it's a fundamental problem with your system.

In your position I would attack the root cause FIRST. What can you tell me about s/ware & h/ware ? OS & is it updated ? What AV you got ? Have you been using registry editing tools/utilities ? old HDD ? Do you get crashes or BSOD or anything in any programs ? Did you lose power in the middle of anything over the past few months ? Do you know how to Diagnose/fix ? etc etc

Finally - do you have what you need to reinstall your OS if necessary ?

###

huskaloo
06-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi Loki, Thank you for your response. I will look into my OS etc. and see what I find.

Thanks, Craig

_Loki_
06-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi Craig

Good luck. If you get stuck shout out :)

huskaloo
07-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi Loki,

Just wanted to let you know that I got a new PC and everything is working fine.

Thanks.

_Loki_
07-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi Craig - that's good news. Is it w7 ?

Make sure to find out how to make a recovery disk if you didn't get anything with your new pc & make one - saves you from heartache later

Good place to start probably:
Windows 7 Recovery Discs Gets Your System Out of Tight Spots (http://lifehacker.com/5384714/windows-7-recovery-discs-gets-your-system-out-of-tight-spots)

& give your old PC to your worse enemy :)