PDA

View Full Version : Skin Designer

The Minder
06-23-2010, 01:22 AM
Anyone care to explain to me how development of the skin designer and the pretty new icons for the options ladder took precedence over tourney supports and all the other requests from users?

_Loki_
06-23-2010, 05:38 AM
It is beyond my ken too...

fozzy71
06-23-2010, 08:50 AM
The skin designer was developed by the HUD programmer. As far as I know he doesn't have anything to do with implementing new tourney features. That would fall to the other developers under Roy.

Bug fixes are our main priority currently. Once we get some outstanding bugs resolved I would expect you will start seeing more new features on the HM side. It doesn't do us any good to add new features if we have unresolved bugs in our previous features.

_Loki_
06-23-2010, 11:17 AM
thanks for quick reply fozzy
is there a 'roadmap' re the more obvious basic tourney stuff (a roadmap not a timeline) ?

fozzy71
06-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Possibly, but that is Brent's area so I would have to ask him.

_Loki_
06-23-2010, 12:10 PM
cheers

B-Money
06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Ed pretty much nailed it.

We'll release new tourney updates as they are added. More are coming in Q3-Q4. The only information that will be publicly released about our roadmap is in the HM news. I'll put out a 1.11.03 New features news update by the start of next week. Build is scheduled to be released early July.

Tourney size/buyin Report & tourney size/buyin filters for reports is next on the tourney update list once Effective Stack filtering is complete. Q3-Q4

All I can hope for is we get the features you want. Believe me, I try extremely hard to have an objective user voice and schedule new features that are most requested.

GL,
-B

_Loki_
06-23-2010, 03:52 PM
OK - thanks Brent

Are you able to answer these two 'old chestnut' questions ?

1] Wearing a cash player hat:
Is it on the roadmap yet for both HM & HUD to be able to distinguish games by number of seats at the table rather than number of players dealt in ?

2] Tourney Hat (not easy for me to explain what I mean as I'm a beginner, but here goes):
Is it on the roadmap yet for both HM & HUD to be able to distinguish game types automatically ?
For example in STT sng.. there is no GAME SPECIFIC 'bubble filtering' of player stats. At the moment HUD stat filters are global so you can't set HUD filters to throw up stats depending on say whether it's FR with 3 players ITM or with 5 ITM etc etc & keep the stats from the different game types from 'infecting' each other ?

###
To be frank with you (& with respect)... I've just begun taking STT tourneys seriously & one reason for that was your post about your very good results in certain tourneys :)

However I must be missing something because I'm finding using HM for tourneys a bit daunting & hard work after the comparitively easy ride I've had with HM cash games. I'm eager to stay with HM for tourneys if possible - it depends on the speed & extent of those planned improvements that inform me accurately & usefully as I play. Stuff that seems like basic functionality to my 'tourney beginner' mind doesn't leap out at me from HM & isn't mentioned in your post here ...

###

I will keep an eye on HM News

The Minder
06-23-2010, 08:09 PM
I have written and edit this post for the past 20 minutes with little success, so have decided to sit in the background. Suffice to say that with with the past 4-5 releases of HEM, PT3 has pulled further ahead.

@ Loki. Ima gonna need some serious counseling... am currently playing 95% ring over tourney... brrrrrrrr :(

_Loki_
06-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Look for marks on the neck...
The Tamanian Cash Games Devil has probably got you

The Minder
06-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Look for marks on the neck...
The Tamanian Cash Games Devil has probably got you

wanna borrow an "s" ?

But in all honesty, HEM has more bugs than an entomologists outhouse and yet code cutters can find time for 'pretties'. I don't give a ratz ass if they are exclusively a HUD programmer as Lord knows there's a bug or two (insert multiplier comprising at least 4 zeros) in the HUD.

This is gonna be interesting. PT3 and HEM are due to release 'significant tourney upgrades' in the near/immediate/realsoonnow future and the one who gets it wrong can kiss their share of the poker software market goodbye. For the moment, I'm keeping both licenses current.