PDA

View Full Version : Session + v Players

TJD
10-16-2008, 06:35 AM
I have started to play some HU so I am reviewing hands by "matches"

There seems to be some unusual reporting in HEM. An example:-

I had a player against whom I played in the am and then pm. His stats show him to have played 248 hands in the day losing $10.25

If I look at vs Players for him it shows that he played me in 246 hands winning $4.50. If I look at the rake statistic in "reports" that shows $15.41 so even that number does not explain the difference.

I tried to filter out each "session" against this player so I selected the later one via sessions and right clicking to change filters but this had 3 players shown. However, despite the filter being in place if I highlight the player against whom I had played twice in the vs players tab, the hands list below includes "all hands" when I set BB's won/lost to 0. I would expect the lower pane to apply the filter as well.

The total wins/losses against these 3 players = 83 which is the number of hands that the reports tab shows for me. However, once again the $ column for all 3 players adds up to $87 but the report tab shows $81.30. Again, the rake shown of $4.30 does not account for the difference.. If I want to know how much I win/lose against a player clearly rake needs to be taken into account.

I wanted to isolate the hands v this particular player so I was going to alter the start/end time for the session to include this player only but the replayer was showing odd behaviour interleaving hands from another "match".

I then discovered that despite having selected a table by name in the session tab which showed 43 hands the filter when applied covered all hands (83 hands) that were played during the time that table was open even at other tables. As I had other tables open at some time during this time span HEM had included those as well despite my filter requesting a particular table starting at a particular time.

This interleaving is not helpful even at 6 max or FR tables. If I want to see how a day went then it is better for me to see the play in order as it happens to understand the "flow" of the games rather than have tables popping up acording to time. It would be horrendous for someone 12 tabling to try to review how it went on table "X" where there was a particularly interesting player.

Trevor

PS Great program by the way!

PPS - I can clearly get the information by selecting this player for yesterday and looking at his performance which will be the mirror image of mine but it would/should be easier to get it from my own stats via sessions and vs players

cheers

trevor

morny
10-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Can you get me some screenshots of each of these situations which also show if any filters are selected and ill try and duplicate and look into it

TJD
10-17-2008, 05:51 AM
Can you get me some screenshots of each of these situations which also show if any filters are selected and ill try and duplicate and look into it

I have sent you a pm with the upload link for the image files as they contain information about other players and it would not be fair to make these publically available. I rely on your discretion.

C1 shows my opponent having played 246 hands and losing $4.50

C2 shows in his report tab that he has lost £10.25 and there is $15.41 rake showing. You will also see that this tab shows 248 hands but the pane below shows 246. the only winners in this lower pane are me and him.

C3 Is his vs Players and we see he has had 246 hands against me none against anyone else and a profit of $4.50 for me. however, we also see that the bottom pane gives an odd result a loss of $9.90 on the 246 hands??

C4 shows a session I tried to isolate against this player "Home" is the table and we can see that it is 43 hands over a 15 minute time period. I chose to update the filter to this session

C5 shows the versus player tab with the filter shown but we see a total of 83 hands for this "session" despite the fact that I chose a 43 hand table only. We also see that in the lower pane we have the entire 246 hands against him shown despite the fact I only played him 43 hands in this session. Once again we see an odd $ amount of a loss of $19.55

C6 is the reports tab which also shows 83 hands for me.

C7 The Hands tab shows the same 83 hands and when I try to play them they are interleaved. You can see 3 winners in the lower pane after I sorted them min ascending time order to see the "flow" of the match. However, the other 2 players are from a different table

Hope this helps

Trevor

TJD
10-20-2008, 04:59 AM

I posted a reply and sent the images via a link in a PM but I have had nothing back from you, did the pm get thro OK; were the images any use?

TY

trevor

morny
10-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Sorry i was away for a few days, i had an auto responder on my Email to say this but its not possible with the PM feature, ill look into this now and reply

Ok ive forwarded all the info to Roy to have a look at and hell respond as soon as he can

TJD
10-28-2008, 04:33 AM
Sorry i was away for a few days, i had an auto responder on my Email to say this but its not possible with the PM feature, ill look into this now and reply

Ok ive forwarded all the info to Roy to have a look at and hell respond as soon as he can

update:-

1) the versus player tab shows thae amount "won" before rake. I had a hand where I took his $51.80 and if I filter I get that in teh vs players tab but it was raked 50c so the "reports" screen shows $51.30 which is what it should be

2) The rake in the reports screen shows our share of the rake rather than the rake taken; I suppose this may be by design.

trevor