PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, could not start Secondary Logon Service. Please run this service manually and

skooongie
06-22-2010, 11:26 PM
this is the error i am getting as I try to install HEM.
:confused:

_Loki_
06-23-2010, 05:41 AM
This is an easy one-minute fix
I got caught by this too...

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Secondary Logon Service Error (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/81/Secondary+Logon+Service+Error)

vujo
12-09-2012, 09:04 AM
i have the same problem, but when i go on sevices/secondary logon service and try to start it there is a message:
could not start the secondary log on service on local computer
error 1058: the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has not enabled devices associated with it.

Any solutions?

Patvs
12-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.
Then try to start it again: Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

vujo
12-10-2012, 04:31 PM
XP, Windows firewall, Microsoft security essentials

i made a windows update but didn't help.

Sarek
12-10-2012, 05:43 PM
You must boot Windows under user with admin rights

vujo
12-25-2012, 03:53 PM
You must boot Windows under user with admin rights

still not working :(

Sarek
12-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Please email to hm2support@holdemmanager.com and ask Teamviewer session.

Please download www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer.exe
This is version 5 (five) as our license dont support teamviewer 6 / 7 yet, I can't connect with 6/7
this is a remote access tool that allows me to access your PC to fix the problem.
Once you download and run the program you should see it creates and ID and Password on the left side.
Send those when your ready to do the session and our team member will join your PC.
Teamviewer has built in chat that we can use to communicate.
And set Firewall = off. Keep in mind: TV password changes every time you run it.

what time zone you live?
what day and time will be suitable for you?
Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit into our schedules. So give us a few days' range of times and notice.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
1 – Make sure you have updated your windows using the “Windows Update” feature
Microsoft Windows Update (http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5)
2 – Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps (http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php)
3 – Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue