PDA

View Full Version : Uncomfortable with TN needing Internet Access

MicroRoller
06-22-2010, 09:39 AM
This week I noticed an unauthorized charge on one of my credit cards which got me thinking about my pc security and keyloggers.

I don't think TN had anything to do with it but I'm really not comfortable with TN monitoring my keystrokes and having internet access.

Could you please figure out a way to protect your software without it needing regular contact with your servers?

Fool
06-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your CC account, but I can assure you that TableNinja had nothing to do with this issue. TableNinja connects to our server only to validate your license and check for updates this is the standard licensing system for all major poker programs and no personal information is transmitted. We have a detailed explanation of this in our FAQ here: TableNinja :: FAQ (http://tableninja.com/faq.php#How%20can%20I%20be%20sure%20that%20TableNi nja%20does%20not%20contain%20any%20spyware?%20%20W hy%20does%20TableNinja%20connect%20to%20the%20inte rnet?)

TableNinja is run by a legitimate US company, has been for sale for over 18 months, has been used by thousands of people and is one of the most respected names in Poker Software. Furthermore, our program has been reviewed by a number of well respected third parties including PokerSoftware.com, PartTimePoker, and others so I can assure you that you can feel 100% safe using TableNinja.

We have no plans to remove our license validation system or automatic update system at this time so if you do not feel comfortable running a program that connects to the internet then I completely respect that and I would recommend that you not buy TableNinja. That said, please keep in mind that any program that runs as administrator can monitor your key strokes, so it is not as though TableNinja poses any more risk than many other programs that connect to the internet that you likely run every day.