PDA

View Full Version : Why is it taking so long to re-import my hands after new database creation?

jm88888
06-21-2010, 07:37 PM
I created a new database a couple days ago, and I started importing all the old hand histories back in the same day. It is still importing... How long does this take?
Thanks.

morny
06-21-2010, 08:45 PM
It depends on a lot of variables, your pc and its capabilities, the type of hands, the amount of hands etc

It should give an indication of the amount of time left, its not hugely accurate early on but in the middle to later states it should get more accurate

jm88888
06-21-2010, 09:32 PM
There is no time indication. Now 20 minutes ago it said, "300 out 301 parts of large file have been processed". Now it says "7 of 106 parts of large file have been processed" I mean I think I had about 75000+ players in my database. Around maybe 1.2 million to 1.5 million hands. And my computer runs very well and it is top of the line HP model. It looks like I this will not be done til tomorrow, which means it will be 3 days that this thing is doing this. Is this normal? Did I provide enough info?
Thanks.

fozzy71
06-22-2010, 12:24 AM
It sounds like you requested your hands from pokerstars? Large text files take longer than smaller text files. This is normal when rebuilding a database using the files sent from ftp or stars support. I always recommend you do this in smaller groups/folders, so that you might be able to have it import a portion overnight while sleeping. Then you can use your computer the next day and import another portion the next night while sleeping.

jm88888
06-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Ok, so this morning it has completed finally... However all the hands that were missing initialy are still missing. I requested a week of hand history from PS, but it is only in an Email message. So how am I going to try to get this database to show all the hands?
Thanks.

netsrak
06-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Did you follow this FAQ to import the mailed hands?
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Import Emailed Hand Histories (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+)