PDA

View Full Version : Player Hand Error:

shoe
06-21-2010, 01:04 AM
I think I fixed a lot of things (primarily my computer freezing, but a couple others too) by doing the maintenance tasks mentioned on another thread here. That was great.

But...

Now, it doesn't seem like I'm getting all the hands I play... or at least some of the information isn't making it to my HUD (i.e. $ won/lost, probably others too, though hands may be OK?). I don't know. It's not updating my HUD as much as it should, and I don't think I see the number of hands when I bring up my reports.

In any case, here is the pop-up window that appears:

"Player Hand Error: A timeout has occured. If you were establishing a connection, increase Timeout value in ConnectionString. If you were executing a command, increate the CommandTimeout value in ConnectionString or in your NpgsqlCommand object.. Please e-mail support@holdemmanager.net and let us know what version of PostgreSQL you are running."
*for the record, I'm running PostgreSQL 8.0

netsrak
06-21-2010, 03:18 AM
Postgresql 8.0 is much to old. Please export all your hands, notes and summaries from the database.

Uninstall postgresql 8.0, install a new postgresql version (8.3 or 8.4), create a new database and reimport everything.

quaril
10-05-2010, 05:46 AM
hi
i am having this problem too but i am runing postgresql 8.4
thanks

netsrak
10-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Reboot your computer and try again.

What are you trying to do when you get this error?

wiltontilt
10-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Reboot your computer and try again.

What are you trying to do when you get this error?

im getting this error too now, just happened today. version 8.4. not doing anything different than i normally do. it occurs just when i'm playing

im on 1.11.05 beta 16. i'll try upgrading to latest beta

Patvs
10-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Rebooting, updating SQL 8.4.x to 8.4.5, adding pg_ctl.exe and postgres.exe to the Firewall exceptions list should solve the "A timeout has occured" error