PDA

View Full Version : HUD positioning issues - Merge/Stars

AndyH
06-19-2010, 10:25 PM
I have been having problems with my HUD and mucked card positioning on Merge, Stars and with just mucked cards on Absolute.

The HUD stats in Stars are always in the top left corner of the screen and I have to re-position them every time I start a game. Same applies for the mucked cards and the board.

HUD stats are ok on absolute but mucked cards appears as for Stars.

HUD stats are always over the wrongs seats on Merge and mucked cards are as for Stars and Absolute.

Seating preferences have been set for all three sites but this only seems to work for Absolute.

I have been using HEM for some time and these problems have only started since the last 2 updates.

netsrak
06-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Please check our FAQs for the preferred seating configuration for each site:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Preferred Seating (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/Preferred+Seating)

and the mucked cards positioning:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Mucked Cards are Not Correctly Aligned (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/53/Mucked+Cards+are+Not+Correctly+Aligned+)

AndyH
06-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Thanks for that. I have already been through the FAQ's several times and have set up as specified. The problem persists.

As mentioned I have been using HEM for some time now and have never had these problems before. They only started with the last two updates also noted that Stars have changed there table formats, could this have something to do with it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

netsrak
06-20-2010, 12:15 PM
I suggest you delete your prefs.xml file (or rename it) and the pospref*.txt files.

Restart HM and reconfigure the Hud positions.

AndyH
06-22-2010, 08:35 AM
I tried deleting the files. When I restart HM the files reappear and the seating preferences are as they were. The HUD positioning is still not right.

netsrak
06-22-2010, 11:56 AM
And if you arrange the Hud stats and mucked cards and save this it doesn't work?

Does it work with older versions like 1.10.06a? http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate_1.10.06a.exe

Big_Rudy
06-22-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm having the same issues on Stars as well. This is my first day with HM so I thought it was me, but I guess not. Hud stats are always in the wrong seats, mucked cards too. If I manually reposition them, when a player leaves the table and a new player enters, his stats (the new plays) will again be in the wrong seat and will overlay the correct players stats for that seat. Very frustrating.

Big_Rudy
06-22-2010, 08:50 PM
OK, after fooling around with the program for about an hour, things are better, somewhat. Mucked cards appear properly aligned now. HUD positioning is better, but still a mess. Once I manually align the HUD display where I want it and go to set "Lock my Layout" in table preferences to try to save the new setup the %$&%&^*& HUD display repositions itself directly OVER where my avatar would be, this has the SLIGHT annoyance of obscuring my cards. WTF, why does choosing to lock the layout once I have it where I want it REPOSITION MY HUD DISPLAY? Isn't that EXACTLY the OPPOSITE of what lock the layout should do?

_Loki_
06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi Big Rudy. HEM will grow on you, but it's a steep upward learning curve. Make sure to read these FAQ's below all the way through.

###
I think that 'lock the layout' just prevents you from moving the stats around with your mouse & you shouldn't ever really have to use it - I don't anyway
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Moving HUD Elements (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/138/Moving+HUD+Elements)

###
Here is what I suggest you do:
1] This isn't necessary to HUD positioning, but it's a good feature :)
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Full Tilt & Poker Stars Prefetch Walkthrough (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/101/Full+Tilt+%26+Poker+Stars+Prefetch+Walkthrough+)

2] FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Setup Preferred Seating For Poker Stars (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/365/Setup+Preferred+Seating+For+Poker+Stars)
EXTRACT FROM END OF THE ABOVE THAT'S VERY IMPORTANT: "Seating preference only works after we sit down and play a couple of hands not straight away, it does not work while we are observing tables so never move the stats box into their positions while observing or if youve played less than 3 hands. The first time you setup seating preferences just open 1 table, play a couple of hands and move all the stats boxes on that table to the correct places, then open a 2nd table, wait for 3-4 hands and the hands should line up fine then.

The biggest mistake people make is to start moving the boxes too soon without allowing time for a couple of hands to import because they dont line up until a couple of hands have imported. The biggest mistake people make is to start moving the boxes too soon without allowing time for a couple of hands to import because they dont line up until a couple of hands have imported. Also if your having issues with preferred seating make sure WYSIWYG is ticked in Hud Options / Table Preferences"

3] Also look at sections F & I here (I think you know most of this though)
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Table Preferences (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/206/Table+Preferences)

4] & this:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Mucked Cards are Not Correctly Aligned (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/53/Mucked+Cards+are+Not+Correctly+Aligned+)

BTW after stats are correctly placed save their positions in Table Manager > Edit > Save Positions

Hope this helps
Shout out if it doesn't

Big_Rudy
06-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Wow, thanks for the detailed response. I'd already read all of those links though. That's how I was able to fix the mis-aligned mucked cards and re-position the HUD display. I just couldn't get HM to keep them where I moved them.

Ironically, after all your effort and links, the answer was in the last line of your message.

BTW after stats are correctly placed save their positions in Table Manager > Edit > Save Positions

That was the problem. I was naively trying to fix HUD issues by going to the HUD options menu, it never occurred to me to fix HUD issues through the table manager. I'm used to the "other guys" where everything is integrated. It never crossed my mine to use table manager. I'm going to have to do a little work with table manager to see what all its used for and why it runs as a separate app rather than being accessed through the main HM window.....told you I was new to HM!

Again, thanks for your help.

fozzy71
06-23-2010, 09:04 AM
This is actually a bug, and you found the workaround. Typically the positions are automatically saved and you should be able to use the Apply/Done buttons in the Tables Preferences.

For now as long as you use the Table Manager to Save Positions first you can get around this annoying bug.

AndyH
06-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Stars works fine with version 1.10.06a.

Stats positioning in Merge is ok but I still can't set up the mucked cards board position. It will not allow me to reposition the board cards using the alignment edit function, I can drag and drop the cards but they reset to the top left corner when I drop them.

As a general comment HM seems to be losing its way a little, there seem to be many posts on the forums relating to problems with the new version. I for one am not particular tech savvy and do not want to spend my time tryting to fix the tools that are supposed to be helping me play poker. I want to spend my time playing the game...

morny
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi,

Sorry your having issues and i know it can be frustrating. The thing is these are Beta's and as such since were making a lot of changes we cant always catch all the bugs. Sometimes people are forced to update from the last stable version due to the sites changing formats etc which we cant control, i would advise that you only update to the beta versions if your having issues with the last stable version to avoid these issues in future.

There was a few more bugs than we would have liked in the last version however as you can see there was a lot more updates and fixes than usual so it can be expected to have some bugs when we make such big changes to the code, that said we do have internal testing and we do catch a lot of bugs you never get to see but theres literally thousands of possible scenario's where a bug could be introduced so if we were to test for every scenario then it would slow down the speed at which updates are released so we really do appreciate the people who do try beta versions and report bugs but the downside to trying these beta versions is that although you get to beta test new features or get your bugs fixed quicker your chances of having new bugs are increased.

1.11.02 features and bug fixes
Added Effective Stack Tourney Filters (Beta)
Holdem Vision Tourney Updates
Fixed crash when calling HM classes and invoking replayer
Fixed message when importing HUD configurations
Added icons to sidebar
Added HM Logo to sidebar
Added Rush tourney support - known issues while shorthanded.
Added betting pattern to HUD & Player Pref menu (Live tracking must be enabled)
Added option to scrape from screen in HUD Options/Table Prefs
Added Skin Designer to Options (Beta)
Added Leak Buster/Leak Buster Limit Updates
Added consolidated settings dialog to "Options"
Added Previous Versions to Help Menu
Added User Survey
Updated Buy Now button link in registration welcome screen
Added FTP Steps support
Fixed PokerStars new HH with Summary
Fixed PokerStars bounty not being counted
Fixed PokerStars requested HH import errors
Fixed PokerStars import issue with brackets in the name
Fixed exported Poker Stars hands being read as Party Poker
Fixed Pacific 3c/6c being imported as $3/$6
Fixed Pacific 5c/10c import errors
Fixed PokerStars.it Unknown buyins and incomplete tournaments
Fixed Everest not importing hands with illegal characters in chat
Fixed FullTilt creating new player names when importing step tickets
Fixed Pacific 1c/2c hands importing as $1/$2
Fixed Poker Stars tourney summary import error
Fixed Party Omaha Hands imported as Holdem Limit
Fixed Party Turbo SNG's recognized as normal speed
Fixed Pacific import errors with dead blinds
Fixed exported FTP hands not being importable anymore
Fixed exported Ongame hands with missing hands/strange behavior
Fixed Poker Stars KO tournaments not recording correctly
Fixed Boss Media import errors
Fixed Pacific handgrabber import errors

if your still having issues after rolling back to the last stable version maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.

Thanks
Morny
support@holdemmanager.com

AndyH
06-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Thanks for your reply. I hadn't appreciated that I was updating to a beta and now that you have explained it everything is clear. I hadn't realised I was inadvertently taking part in a test panel!

I'll carry on with the earlier version I have currently installed and wait for the final update to be released.

I am so glad that things are not falling apart as I have been very happy with HM in the past.

Cheers