PDA

View Full Version : Reimporting files bug

MicroRoller
06-19-2010, 09:02 AM
I first noticed this issue when I was trying to import a pokerstars tournament summary html file but it seems that I'm running across it with hand history files.

From what I can figure out, HEM doesn't attempt to reimport a file that it has already attempted to import. If you change the file name it will attempt to re-import it.

There have been a few instances when I had some SnGs open and HEM crashed or I needed to restart it for some reason. After restarting some of the SnGs were never marked finished even though they were completed.

If my guess is right it's because HEM doesn't attempt to re-import the file because it thinks it already has.

_Loki_
06-19-2010, 11:48 AM
you are right
before you reimport you have to move the files to a different location or rename them

morny
06-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Yes, the idea is meant to save time, if the hand name is identical it skips it to save time, imagine you were importing a huge database and then you had to stop it, it would have to examine each hand number of every hand in every file on duplicate files, with this system it just checks the file name and skips it saving a lot of time. As Loki says just move to a different folder or rename the file to trick it into reimporting

MicroRoller
06-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Yes, the idea is meant to save time, if the hand name is identical it skips it to save time, imagine you were importing a huge database and then you had to stop it, it would have to examine each hand number of every hand in every file on duplicate files, with this system it just checks the file name and skips it saving a lot of time. As Loki says just move to a different folder or rename the file to trick it into reimporting

In addition to comparing the file name if you also compared timestamp and/or filesize you'd be able to re-import files when necessary without hitting the db.

This would resolve the problem I mentioned where SnGs were not imported properly when HEM crashed or needed to be restarted in the middle of a session.