PDA

View Full Version : Error message!

4entourage
06-19-2010, 12:10 AM
I was doing an import - foot hit the power cord - compuyter shut off -- now when I try to continue the import from a new folder with the same files I constantly get this error when loading HEM:

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/1589/errormf.png

Help!!

_Loki_
06-19-2010, 12:41 AM
your postgreSQL database is damaged
try re-indexing the thing, but may not work

4entourage
06-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Dont have it backed up - and its HUGe - losing it is not an option.... I'll start there I guess

4entourage
06-19-2010, 07:47 AM
Same error - what else can I do? I really CANT lose this database...\its everything :\

_Loki_
06-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Please understand that there are no postgresql experts here so this is my best shot, but it could be wrong...

assuming you haven't got your hands archived anywhere ?
assuming you don't have an HMArchive folder somewhere ?
assuming you can't get the hands by asking your poker client to send you copies ?

then...

#####
At postgresql.org I gather that with an invalid page header one option is to "look at the parameter zero_damaged_pages"
Apparently you can use 'zero_damaged_pages' to "fix" a damaged page but it means you lose the data on that page
It zero's out the page so that postgresql will skip over it & pg can still pull the data from the rest of the table

It's mentioned 2/3rds of the way down here:
Tracking Down Database Corruption With psql | End Point Blog (http://blog.endpoint.com/2010/06/tracking-down-database-corruption-with.html)

I haven't a clue how to do this stuff, but there will most likely be a tool available to do it
ask on the postgresql forums is my best suggestion

I wonder if it's worth trying a backup before you do the above ? I don't know if a damaged DB can be backed up...

4entourage
06-19-2010, 03:29 PM
soooo stressed... I dont know SQL to that level either...

morny
06-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah PostgreSQL forums is your best bet for something this advanced. More than likely your hands are archived, Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder please and ill tell you where the archive folder is located, most likely C:/HMarchive but youll still lose your notes and your summaries if you play tournies