PDA

View Full Version : HEM Backup Issues (minor)

Azalin
06-18-2010, 09:16 PM
When I attempt to backup HEM (with my recent db) and if there is no enough space on the drive after a while I get an error message that says just that and that the backup failed. The problem is that the temp file that the backup created is not deleted (its located in the C:\Documents and Settings\"User Name"\Local Settings\Temp) and the drive is full.. The next issue that I would like to report is after I changed the save directory of the backup to a hard drive with more space this was not applied for some reason and the backup was created again (and failed due to available space) on the same drive. After I close the backup window and restart it and change the directory before pressing the start button for the first time then the backup works normally.

morny
06-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Its actually PostgreSQL that creates that dump file not HM, im not sure how you can change the location of where it creates it though, maybe try posting on the PostgreSQL forums

So the HMbackup file didnt save to the correct location the first time? Im not sure how you got it working the 2nd time, can you explain the exact steps so i can recreate and writeup a bug

Azalin
06-18-2010, 10:10 PM
My mistake, it did not work the second time - I thought it would cause I know I have done it before but probably my database was smaller then or I had more room on this drive. You are right its postgresql that dumps the file there although my database is actually on another driver (HEM is on C:\ and database is on L:\). I guess first the dump takes place on the drive users have installed HEM and THEN it copies it (and compresses it?) to the directory that was chosen right?

morny
06-19-2010, 08:12 PM
I guess first the dump takes place on the drive users have installed HEM and THEN it copies it (and compresses it?) to the directory that was chosen right?

What should happen is PostgreSQL create a temp dump file but the backup should save to wherever you specify, HM doesnt create a temp file just the backup.