PDA

View Full Version : HEM on Mac w/ bootcamp & vmware

d1ab0lic
06-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey,

I know there are a lot of mac related questions on here, I did search and found no answer to this specific question. To make a long story short I am currently using PT3, but would like to switch to HEM due to trying the HEM trial in a virtual machine this morning. I am using a Mac.

The issue I am having is that when I install HEM on my boot camp partition (which I also boot using VMware fusion) I consistently get a licensing issue and can no longer use the trial once I've booted it using the opposite method (vmware / native boot). I would assume this is because HEM's licensing registration uses a similar hardware based method to tell if it is on a new machine (as the visualized hardware would be a completely different set despite the fact that its the same installation).

My question is specifically does this issue exist in the current version of the software? If so is that working as intended, or is there an incoming fix? Are there any users currently running HEM natively and in their boot camp virtual machine interchangeably?

This is the last thing preventing me from making a purchase.

d1ab0lic
06-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Even if someone could confirm that they have the same setup working, that would be all I need.

Hope to hear from someone soon :)

morny
06-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Im not 100% sure on this so ill ask the other support members to see if theyve come across any issues, i dont use a MAC myself so im not sure, i vaguely remember issues but i know weve a lot of Mac users and i rarely hear about this kind of problem so i presume its not an issue but ill double check since you had issues with trial

d1ab0lic
06-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Thanks morny, I appreciate it.