PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to filter bad beat jackpot tables on party?

Sirus
06-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi

Is there a way to filter bad beat jackpot tables on party poker to see how much $ i have paid to them over any given time period?

tia

Sirus
06-25-2010, 11:04 PM
bump

fozzy71
06-26-2010, 09:43 PM
I don't know for sure, so I will email my team and ask them.

fozzy71
06-27-2010, 11:29 AM
It's on our to-do list.

Sirus
06-27-2010, 02:29 PM
thanks for the info.

Totally separate issue. Secunia psi has told me that there's an update for my postgres available. If I download and install the postgres update what would happen to my hem?

fozzy71
06-28-2010, 07:53 AM
What version of SQL are you using? If you have 8.4.x and it is working fine I wouldnt be concerned about updating. There is no easy way to upgrade postgresql without a complete uninstall, reinstall, and reimporting of all your hands/data.

Our installer is still using 8.4.1.1. I have personally been using 8.4.2.1 since it came out last fall. I tried 8.4.3.1 once but it didnt seem to be stable on my PC and my connection died, so I went back to 8.4.2.1.

If/when you do reinstall postgresql, make sure you disable logging in your new installation of postgresql and tune it up.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Advanced PostgreSQL Tuning (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/89/Advanced+PostgreSQL+Tuning)

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation.

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

Regarding database maintenance:

You should regularly purge mined hands in your database, after purge vacuum / full analyze the database via pgadmin. You do not want to purge any Hero hands so make sure your alias is properly configured before purging.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Purge Hands from Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/100/Purge+Hands+from+Database)
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Purge Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/197/Purge+Hands)

Then you can vacuum/analyze - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+#manual)

Before you defragment you should stop the PostgreSQL service:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.x > Stop Server

Use your favorite defrag tool. I recommend Smart Defrag.

After defrag I recommend you reboot your PC. If you need to access the DB before rebooting you can start the PostgreSQL service.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.x > Start Server

Sirus
06-28-2010, 01:55 PM
thanks for your help fozzy