PDA

View Full Version : the fastest way to import 5 million hands

clarkatroid
06-16-2010, 12:35 PM
hi chaps

ive just got a new pc, operating windows 7, and have a database of 5 million hands that i wish to transfer over.

so, ive exported all hands from my database, then tried to re import. im about 36 hoursinto this task atm, and its about 30% done. is there a faster way to do this. at this rate it will take about 5 days.

please note i have a super duper fast pc running on 8gig of ram, but its still very tedious and im worrried that ifsomething interupts it, eg a system reboot, im back at the begining

any advice much appreciated

morny
06-16-2010, 08:31 PM
You could interrupt it and try running the top 10 performance tips in my sig, it should run through the hands already imported pretty quickly so it shouldnt slow it down too much stoppping and starting it

MicroRoller
06-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Is it not possible to just do a backup/restore of the entire holdem manager database without having to re-import the hand histories?

That should be a lot faster.

morny
06-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes this will work if he has access to the old PC, backup and restore are less reliable and also you take any problems with you, so if there were any problems with the database or it hadnt been vacummed or reindexed etc then it will replicate the problems on the new PC, not usually a big problem but just thought id mention it