PDA

View Full Version : Database size and performance.

Boglord
10-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Hi,

I recently got 2000k hands from HandHQ and it took a while to import them all. Now my database has about 46k ppl from about 4k.

It also slowed down HEM a lot (my PC is not the best but I have a dual core with 2 gigs and windows vista).

As days pass by I feel that some of that info won't be as relevant, so I looked into purging/deleting some history.

The question I have for you is this. If I purge will performance go up or do I have to actually delete some of my DB?

I also plan on singing up for the service that sends you HH every day of the month. That's going to be a lot of HHs so I was wondering if you knew how big I can actually make my DB before it slows down completely to the point of being unusable?

Thank you for your time.

dendehun
10-15-2008, 03:57 AM
Hi boglord,

I have around 10Mil hands in my db, and it still performs pretty good.
I import hands from a mining service every day, and let my database vacuum every night automaticly. If you don't do that frequently, your database will slow down big time in a few days of importing...

When my db got over 5Mil hands, I moved it to another server. Have to say that helped a lot, because I noticed having the db on the same pc as my playing pc, caused to much performance loss.

Boglord
10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
How did you setup the server for the database?