PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt database, need to export HHs, error?!

ddrstel
08-22-2012, 09:09 PM
So earlier today I realised that my database has been corrupted (probably due to the PC crashing last night). I only noticed when after playing a session of 271 hands (according to the HUD), the database only showed 223 and was randomly missing out hands and throwing off the stats.

Now, whenever I try and import new HHs, I receive the error: 25p02. I searched the forums and found this thread (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/69511-error-25p02.html) and followed the instructions to reindex the database (I also vacuumed the database for good measure, as at this point, I wasn't sure what the problem was). I then get the following error:

So I head to RVG Software/Holdem Manager/DBControlPanel to start exporting all my hands so I can create a new database. Almost immediately I get this error:

And the folder I was importing into looks like this (ignore the JPEGs!):

For the time being, I've copied my entire 'HMArchive' folder as this seems like the only way I'll be able to get my HHs (not sure whether this would even work).
What do you suggest I do export all my HHs and get a new database running?

Many thanks in advance,

-Stelios

netsrak
08-23-2012, 04:28 AM
The database is damaged in a way that no export is possible. So if you have no backup of your database the only way is to create a new database and import all your hands from the archive folder via import file/folder

ddrstel
08-23-2012, 09:34 AM
The database is damaged in a way that no export is possible. So if you have no backup of your database the only way is to create a new database and import all your hands from the archive folder via import file/folder

Hi there,

I've just created a new database through database management and started importing hands. Immediately i get the error 25p02 again and every hand imports as an error.

I'm genuinely confused now! The hands I imported were from a session I played where I didn't even have HEM running at the time, so the raw HHs were still in their respective import folders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Stelios

Patvs
08-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Which PostgreSQL version were you using?

Try installing 9.0.x or 8.2.x ( http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v8.2.22/win32/postgresql-8.2.22-1.zip ) to port 5433 (a different port that was used before)

ddrstel
08-23-2012, 06:06 PM
I use version 8.4

Attempting to install that link, I get the following error when I click Next on this screen:

This happens when I leave the account password blank or enter the password 'postgrespass' (or any password for that matter)

Patvs
08-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Delete the postgres user first: click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

ddrstel
08-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Delete the postgres user first: click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /delete' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

Thanks, I got passed that stage. Now stuck a few steps later!

I changed the port to 5433 and entered a password and clicked 'Next' and the following error happened.

Not having much luck, am I? :}

EDIT: trying port 5432 doesnt work either, fwiw.

Patvs
08-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

ddrstel
08-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

I was able to install postgreSQL 8.2 with port 5433. Went to DBControlPanel, entered port 5433 and the password and the next page was empty. I created a new database called holdemmanager24082012, then opened HEM. Began importing hands, and immediately again, error 25p02

Patvs
08-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, an d Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

ddrstel
08-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Hmm...

Not sure what I managed to do, but it appears to be fixed now!

Many thanks anyway for your help. I'm gonna import all my HHs and see how it goes.

-Stelios