PDA

View Full Version : what is $ev stat in mtts

zenman
08-21-2012, 04:56 PM
How is that calculated? Is it a useful stat?

Patvs
08-21-2012, 07:04 PM
It's not useful for MTTs.

It will only work for STTs.
The stat will do the following:

For any ALL-IN hand it compares your equity at the start of the hand--> with your equity at the end of the hand. The difference between the two results in a EV Diff.

The "$EV" = the outcome of the hand minus the EV Diff.

zenman
08-21-2012, 07:08 PM
It's not useful for MTTs.

I was hoping it was meaningful. It shows a $10k difference in my recent mtts. Are the numbers really just garbage for mtts?

Patvs
08-21-2012, 07:21 PM
We have "$ (EV Adjusted)" which for MTTs is cEV (chip EV), in the Winnings Summary report. (per blind level)

The other "EV" column in other reports makes no sense for MTTs...

strannikspb
08-22-2012, 12:23 PM
As I understand correctly, for SNG now we have ICM diff and $EV. ICM diff is correct.

Before this spring we had $EV calculation based on NET Winnings which was very useful.
Now we have the situation when $EV is calculated on Winnings.
This stat is not useful at all.
And also it's not logically right. When we speak about $EV in cash, we can say that $EV=profit EV.

So this is really needed in SNG. When we see $EV, we want to see Luck Adjusted Winnings, or profit EV.

If you do not want to make it, there is another option. A new stat that will be named NET EV. Like Winninngs and NET winnings.

Patvs
08-22-2012, 07:55 PM
For STTs, there is cEV (chip EV) and
EV

You're right the ICM Diff is correct, but EV doesn't show what it's supposed to. It should show the same as "Luck Adjusted Winnings" shows in HM1.

(or as you suggested a new stat for that should be added)

This should be fixed in the upcoming hybrid build. It's already fixed in build 290 of the hybrid build.
We're currently in the process of merging the main build with the hybrid build.

strannikspb
08-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks for that! It would be great!