PDA

View Full Version : Backp & Restore Utility

chap
06-12-2010, 04:22 PM
HEM Version 1.10.01b
Windows 7 32-bit

I was attempting to do a restore on my second pc and choose the option to overwrite the existing database. After about 20 minutes I received an error message saying that my database was in use by another. Looking in task manager I saw that HMImport.exe was still running. I killed the process and complete the restore without problem.

It looks like if you immediately select the Backup & Restore option when HM is loaded and before HMImport.exe is finished loading, it does not kill the process properly. Shouldn't the Restore option in the utility detect and kill the process at the start of the restore?

morny
06-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Normally it closes itself, killing hmimport.exe could cause a corrupt database if it crashes while in the middle of an import so we dont really like to force kill it, id say it was just a temp glitch

chap
06-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Normally it closes itself, killing hmimport.exe could cause a corrupt database if it crashes while in the middle of an import so we dont really like to force kill it, id say it was just a temp glitch

Auto-import was not running. I simply fired up HM to access the Backup & Restore Utility and HMImport immediately started. I never went to the Import tab and clicked the Start Auto Import button. Since HMImport was still starting up, it did not appear to close correctly when exiting HM to startup the Backup & Restore Utility.

FWIW, I reproduced this a number of times to confirm what I was seeing before posting here, so it is more then just a temporary glitch.

netsrak
06-13-2010, 04:49 AM
hmimport.exe is always started when starting HM. But i have never heard of the problems you report here.
Do you have any files in the auto-import folders which could cause the hmimport to import files after starting HM?

chap
06-13-2010, 08:51 AM
No files in import folders. I had not run HM on this machine in a few weeks.

The second time I attempted a restore I waited until all processes were finished running before starting the Backup & Restore utility. Once the restore completed successfully, I took the time to reproduce these steps to confirm what I thought was happening. After being able to reproduce the issue several times, I posted here.

Steps to reproduce:

Open Task Manager - Enable Always on top and Sort by Process Name
Open HM
Select Backup & Restore as soon as HM is finished loading
Click YES to exit HM
Look at Task Manager and see HMImport.exe still running

If you are unable to reproduce on your configuration, I will be happy to setup a Team Viewer session so I can reproduce for you on my configuration.

fabio
06-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Hi, please send an email to support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread so we can setup a Teamviewer Session.