PDA

View Full Version : Assertion error when HUD starts

ImSpecial
08-20-2012, 10:43 PM
This always used to work fine, but I gave up poker about January last year, and recently tried it again, but I get the following error when the HUD starts (i.e. when I start an auto-import or view a hand history), so the HUD doesn't work at all:

"Assertion Failed! File: .\MyTable.cpp Line: 1348"

Windows 7, HM 1.12.10b

I've checked that I'm running those 3 files with admin privilege. I've re-installed C++. I've started the Secondary Logon service. I've made sure an exception is there in Windows Firewall, and tried it with Avast turned off. Any further ideas?

Could someone please check line 1348 in MyTable.cpp to see what the assertion that's failing is, which should indicate the problem?

Thanks

netsrak
08-21-2012, 04:16 AM
Please update to this prerelease: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_09Aug2012.exe

Close all pokerclients before installing the update.

Turning off Avast may not be enough, you need to configure exceptions there too.

If this doesn't help, which pokersite and gametype are you playing?

ImSpecial
08-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks. I've installed the update, but it didn't help. The assertion error still occurs but is now at line 1351.

I am trying to play on Stars, holdem and plo, but this shouldn't be relevant since the error occurs as soon as the Table Manager opens when I click "auto-import" (without having any poker clients open, or hands in the history folders). My database contains hands played on Stars, Full Tilt, Ongame, PKR and BetFair.

It always used to work fine, in very much the same config, so I'm not sure what's changed. It would probably be helpful if someone could take a quick look at the source code since this should tell us immediately what is causing the error.

Patvs
08-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated.
--->Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates and vc++ updates.

ImSpecial
08-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Windows 7, avast! AntiVirus

I've done all the things above. I get the same error if I start HMHud.exe with / without HoldemManager.exe running, so the problem seems to be specifically with HMHud.exe.

ImSpecial
08-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Incidentally, I just tried it on another (non-Administrator) account on this computer and it worked fine there. My normal account is Administrator. So maybe something to do with permissions / settings?

Patvs
08-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Try creating a NEW admin account. If it works under that account, use that account instead.

ImSpecial
08-21-2012, 09:32 PM
This is really weird. I set up a new admin account and it worked there. So I concluded it must be something specific to my original account. I tried deleting my user environment variables (copy and pasted them to a text file), and HMHud worked. I copied the same values back in, and HMHud still works. So I guess we can close this.

sideshow
08-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Hi,

Thank you for informing us that the problem was resolved, If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Thanks
Holdem Manager Support

ImSpecial
08-23-2012, 05:40 AM
Regarding this problem (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/321532-assertion-error-when-hud-starts.html), an Assertion Error every time I try to start HMHud (that thread is now closed, so I can't comment on it):

I seem to have found the problem. There seems to be a problem with certain Java-based applications, such as Eclipse, and the Scala REPL. If I exit these applications and make sure in Task Manager that all java.exe processes are dead, the Hud works OK. If I open one of them up while HMHud is running, the assertion error occurs again.

It doesn't happen with all Java apps. In fact it can be inconsistent with the same app. It seemed to start happening with one app when I increased the maximum memory it could use.

I would guess it's something to do with HMHud trying to access memory that has been reserved by Java, but that's just a guess. Given the line number (1351 in MyTable.cpp) it should be possible for you to locate the bug and fix it.

Patvs
08-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Thx. I've reopened your thread.
Merged it with the new thread.

And I'll email the developer about the JAVA issue.

flogger
09-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi. Is there a fix or perhaps a work around yet for this issue? Seems like the latest version is having problems here too. I'm using Windows 7 if it makes a difference. https://imagicon.info/cat/10-3/vbbiggrin.png

Patvs
09-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Try: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_10Sep2012.exe