Heads up: seat 1
6-max: seat 3
9-max: seat 5
10-max: seat 5

For other sites, like PokerStars, you can select any seat you prefer:
Heads up: seat 1 to 2
9-max: seat 1 to 9

This is, in my opionion, a bug. Let me clarify why:

I think that you can only choose seat 5 for FullTilt because you, the software developers, thought this is user-friendly since you have assumed that the only seat at FullTilt in a 9-max game is seat number 5.

This is actually not true. It is indeed possible to change the Preferred seat at the FullTilt poker software to any seat from 1 to 9. It's a hidden feature which a lot of people are not aware of.

As you might know, the FullTilt Poker tables are fully customizable through changing settings in XML files of the software, to use your own graphics, text colors, and positioning of all the buttons etc...
The preferred seat at FullTilt poker can also be easily changed by changing the number in one of the XML files of the software.
I have changed my preferred seat this way, from 5 to 7, so I am always seated on the far left at the Fulltilt Poker 9-max tables.

However, because the Hold'em Manager software only allows you to select seat 5 as the Preferred Seat at 9-max tables, i run into trouble for my HUD.

Could this issue be resolved?

morny
06-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Didnt know this but heres the issues i see

The Vast Majority of people dont know this so very few people would take advantage of it (Your the first person that has ever mentioned this and ive over 10k posts here and full tilt would be one of our biggest sites we support)
The Vast Majority of people wouldnt use any other seat other than the centre seat even if they did know
Changing it so you can select any seat would cause problems for the majority of novice users who cant do anything wrong which would mean a lot more people would find it harder to configure and when something creates more problems than it solves its harder to sell to the developers

Im only pointing this out as when we take an issue to the developers we need to put forward a good reason to introduce it, Anyway the best way is to submit this as a suggestion and if it gets enough interest it will help its position in the todo list as this is just my Opinion but i may well be wrong and the suggestions forum will give us an indication of its popularity

Hold'Em Manager - Poker Tracking and Online Analysis Software (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/suggestions-forums/~)
please read the sticky before posting.

Fromzon
06-12-2010, 08:36 AM
I had found this hidden feature all by myself and I didn't see it anywhere else posted on the internet, so it's indeed very rare and currently unknown.

I understand your reasoning and I will post it in the suggestions forum.