PDA

View Full Version : HEM not acknowledging first few hands of each session in Session/Reports tab

hackett77
06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Hello, It seems that since yesterday my HEM (pro) misses the first few hands of each session. This has only happened since the Party Poker Update yesterday.

Strangely though when I click on my HUD it correctly shows my actual winnings.

E.g Just played 400 hands, on the session tab it shows Ive won $32, however by clicking on my HUD, my total winnings are correct at $100,

So it seems that HEM is registering these hands somewhere, just not in the session or reports tab?

This has happened continually since yesterday and my results are now way off the mark, ive tried reimporting hands from HH folder but this makes no difference to the results in the session tab?

netsrak
06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Could it be a datetime filter problem. For example you use a today filter and the first hands were played on the day before because of your settings in "Set day starts at" and Options -> adjust site import times?

hackett77
06-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Could it be a datetime filter problem. For example you use a today filter and the first hands were played on the day before because of your settings in "Set day starts at" and Options -> adjust site import times?

No, all hands played within the last 30 mins have this problem also and all filters are off on both session/report tab,

These hands are missing completely on these tabs, if i look at the last 3 days im missing c. $200 somewhere.

morny
06-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe and can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and reimport your hands from the archive and import folders for the days there missing, do they show up now?

hackett77
06-11-2010, 04:12 AM
Please install the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe and can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) and reimport your hands from the archive and import folders for the days there missing, do they show up now?

Hello, well ive installed the update but cant create the new database as there is not enough space on my laptop to export hands from old DB.

Ill see if the problem continues with the new version of HEM, if so then ill have to export to an external HD and start a new DB.

hackett77
06-11-2010, 04:42 AM
NO still missing lots of hands, seems to be intermittently

netsrak
06-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

hackett77
06-11-2010, 08:41 AM
oK,

Now i have an additional problem, ive started a New DB but when I try to import hands I get lots of 25P02 Error messages?

morny
06-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi,

looks like that database is corrupt, can you create a new database FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Create / Delete Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database) but if the problem persists its most likely an issue with your hard drive

The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to one or more of the tables.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

FWIW ive been using HM for probably 2 years, as part of internal testing we try out internal betas which would have more bugs than the versions we release, i regularly import hands people send that they cant get to import, i datamine 24 hours on a networked PC and i play poker regularly using HM and ive only gotten 1 corruption when my PC lost power during an import so it is extremely stable so if your having issues its most likely something on your PC

K1NG_Fish3r
06-19-2010, 10:29 AM
i too am having this problem on windows 7 using hem 1.11.01b

my hud in the task bar shows $377 and 315 hands played this session and my session tab shows 275 hands played with $102.40 made! this has happened before also

im playing at full tilt and ive imported the archieved hands and tried manually importing from full tilt hh folder, however, it would appear the hands have been imported as they all showed up in the hud!

how bizaa,

just got a new machine this month and imported my old database in no problems untill this week

any advise?

netsrak
06-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Please update to 1.11.02 and try again.
Any filters in the session tab?

K1NG_Fish3r
06-20-2010, 06:39 AM
no filters, not updataed yet however...

i have just set up a new empty database and the hands imported fine and are all showing in the sessions tab!

i will import all my hands to the new database and see if the error reoccors in the future

cheers

rip
06-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Myself and a friend are having the exact same issues which just started yesterday. Not all hands are being imported, and not all information is being gathered. Under sessions with only a limit filter, the # of hands is incorrect as well as winnings/losses. Some hands are just being skipped. I played 33 hands just now, and only 19 were imported. I see 33 in my actual HH folder, and when I try to import them, HEM says no new files found.

This just started last night for myself and my friend. The info on the HUD is correct, but not in session view.

Edit: I also updated last night and nothing changed. In fact, I hadn't done a thing since Friday night when everything was fine. Saturday night is when the issue started.

netsrak
06-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Which site?
Which HM version?
Which gametype?

rip
06-20-2010, 05:04 PM
PS

HEM pro updated to 1.11.02

NL/FL/PLO - various limits

netsrak
06-21-2010, 03:12 AM
Please create a new database for a test and try to import the hands into this database. Does this work?

To repair a database run a reindex via pgadminIII -> maintenance.

rip
06-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Please create a new database for a test and try to import the hands into this database. Does this work?

To repair a database run a reindex via pgadminIII -> maintenance.

I tried to repair it, still would not import properly. I did create a new db and just imported the hands from the last two days and yes they import properly.

Any idea why all of a sudden after 9 months my db would just go screwy? Friday night it was working 100% fine. Early Saturday it was working fine...Saturday night it started screwing up by not importing every hand played.

netsrak
06-21-2010, 12:16 PM
This can have lots of reasons,
a crashing process, a hardware defect,....

Usually you should backup your database and the original hands regularly.