PDA

View Full Version : i dont get it

jackassery
06-09-2010, 04:54 PM
I have read the same problem repeated over several posts having to do with tournament summaries from pokerstars. Every post has the same response, go to the FAQ, email support, etc. Why not attach a sticky saying you are working on the problem, if in fact you are actually working on the problem.

I could understand if this was an isolated issue, but i have seen SEVERAL posts all with the same issue with same reply. I have done exactly what your FAQ said to do, to no avail. it seem others have as well. So to me this appears to be a HEM issue, not an operator error type issue.

I like your product but unsatisfied with your support of it. I am spending more time on these forums and trudging through that FAQ and fiddling with the product than actually playing poker. I should have tried the 15 days instead of buying it, which is my fault. Can i get my money back?

The Minder
06-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I'll actually offer some support for RVG here (even tho to do so might cause this quadrant of the universe to wink out of existence) in that the information needed to determine where a player finishes in a tourney, and the amount won, is not currently available from traditional sources. Those sources being the hand history files that PS saves to your computer. In short, if the info isn't there then HM can't do much about it and we're compelled to go the 'request tourney summaries' route.

However, the insanity surrounding Rush poker on FTP brought one new avenue to the fore and that is of OCR... or whatever RVG is moving to for Rush. OCR hasn't been the best solution (there are in excess of 50 pages of posts in one thread alone detailing problems people are having getting RUSH HUD to work) but it does perhaps offer a means of scanning the pokerstars tourney lobby for information, or at least more information than is contained in the HH.

jackassery
06-09-2010, 11:13 PM
I'll actually offer some support for RVG here (even tho to do so might cause this quadrant of the universe to wink out of existence) in that the information needed to determine where a player finishes in a tourney, and the amount won, is not currently available from traditional sources. Those sources being the hand history files that PS saves to your computer. In short, if the info isn't there then HM can't do much about it and we're compelled to go the 'request tourney summaries' route.

However, the insanity surrounding Rush poker on FTP brought one new avenue to the fore and that is of OCR... or whatever RVG is moving to for Rush. OCR hasn't been the best solution (there are in excess of 50 pages of posts in one thread alone detailing problems people are having getting RUSH HUD to work) but it does perhaps offer a means of scanning the pokerstars tourney lobby for information, or at least more information than is contained in the HH.

Sorry if my post is bitter, but i am frustrated. I understand what you are saying, but i am not talking about rush poker. I perfectly understand about not being written to the harddrive etc. But i have went the 'request tourny route' as have several other people from posts i have read. I have done it exactly as the responses and the FAQ has stated, now what? I emailed support with the file and no response, so now what? I guess i expected better support from a program that costs a bit of cash. Is it too much to expect a reply such as, "we're working on it" rather than nothing at all?

The Minder
06-10-2010, 12:05 AM
I mentioned Rush simply because the OCR technology might offer some resolution for the 'tourney issue'. Other than that, I share your frustration but I cannot see the position changing any time soon. I've just resigned myself to the situation that if I want to use HM and play tournies, then I will be compelled to create a new database about once a week.

morny
06-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Hi,

The only email we have in the system for you is about the getitfree offer on May 7th or did you send it with another email. In our system you cannot delete an email so if it made it there it would still be there so maybe you used another email address?

Anyway the problem with the summaries was sporadic, sometimes it worked fine and other times it wouldnt so it was something specific, possibly encoding, possibly the difference in the timezones between hands and summaries, at this stage we havent figured it out, i had requested from some people to send me their database zipped up because the reality was when someone had the issue and sent me the hands and the summaries it always worked fine which is why we had difficulty solving it as we couldnt reproduce it. However i didn't get any databases sent to me personally yet but some of the other guys may have but i havent heard anything back on it yet.

With that said the good news is stars are starting to write the tournie summary information into the hand history and were going to be supporting this soon so you wont need summaries anymore hopefully.

They dont seem to write the summary in every sng now but they do in a lot of them, i imagine this is just temp and theyll soon be writing this info for all sngs/tournies. It makes sense as they must have a ton of requests per day for summaries and this will save them having to do that anymore. So i would think further looking into the old summary issues would be time wasted since stars are adopting this new approach and we wont need them anymore.

Getting back to your no reply, if you used another email it must be one of the other lads inboxes as all emails were answered up until a short while ago, these type of issues usually take a bit of research and dont get fixed on the day so it can sometimes take a couple of day before we figure things out and get back to you as we often have a lot of emails/threads/beta testing/FAQ updating/meetings so some non urgent emails get left until we have more time but feel free to reply at anytime to get an update

jackassery
06-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi,

The only email we have in the system for you is about the getitfree offer on May 7th or did you send it with another email. In our system you cannot delete an email so if it made it there it would still be there so maybe you used another email address?

Anyway the problem with the summaries was sporadic, sometimes it worked fine and other times it wouldnt so it was something specific, possibly encoding, possibly the difference in the timezones between hands and summaries, at this stage we havent figured it out, i had requested from some people to send me their database zipped up because the reality was when someone had the issue and sent me the hands and the summaries it always worked fine which is why we had difficulty solving it as we couldnt reproduce it. However i didn't get any databases sent to me personally yet but some of the other guys may have but i havent heard anything back on it yet.

With that said the good news is stars are starting to write the tournie summary information into the hand history and were going to be supporting this soon so you wont need summaries anymore hopefully.

They dont seem to write the summary in every sng now but they do in a lot of them, i imagine this is just temp and theyll soon be writing this info for all sngs/tournies. It makes sense as they must have a ton of requests per day for summaries and this will save them having to do that anymore. So i would think further looking into the old summary issues would be time wasted since stars are adopting this new approach and we wont need them anymore.

Getting back to your no reply, if you used another email it must be one of the other lads inboxes as all emails were answered up until a short while ago, these type of issues usually take a bit of research and dont get fixed on the day so it can sometimes take a couple of day before we figure things out and get back to you as we often have a lot of emails/threads/beta testing/FAQ updating/meetings so some non urgent emails get left until we have more time but feel free to reply at anytime to get an update

Ok, thanks. I had decided not to be so bitter and here is a nice reply anyway. I feel bad about venting. So ill go a different route here.

1) the hand histories seem to be working fine(they are in there from the autoimport feature), do i need to delete these and request them from pokerstars as well? if so, so i am clear, they need to be transfered to a text format and imported, correct? if not, i should be able to just request my summaries, which i have done repeatedly.

2) I sent a reply from my listed address, i will try again.

Thanks again for the reply, and i will try to calm down a little.