PDA

View Full Version : new database

freekie
10-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi, I have been having problems with HM not importing all my hands.

When I create a new database it works fine, but how do I get my old hands in my new database? That is not shown in the open new database tutorial :D

morny
10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Follow ONLY the 1st step in this FAQ http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12 and then open the new database and import those files

punta
10-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Getting realy cheesed off with this now - I have created another database as my original was not importing my absolute poker hands properly, so I was told to create another one:(.

Took about 15 mins to save my hands to my HM folder and 6/7 hours to import them back onto my new database ...............BUT it has NOT imported all my AB hands and I have NO stats on any of the players now. Just wish I had left all these bloody upgrades alone now, as it worked great b4.

Going to have to go back to my original DB when playing, so I have stats on the players, then have all my hands sent by email and THEN copy them into my 2nd DB - what a pain:mad:

I am spending more time messing about with HM, than playing bloody poker. If and when I get this working for ME properly - I will NOT be doing any more upgrades - however GOOD they sound :D

morny
10-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Its very very unlikely that updating caused this, otherwise if it was something in the update then we would all have this problem.

The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which will cause problems.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport (there usually moved to a processed folder by default C:/HMarchive)
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns or shutting programs down manually via task manager or flicking the power switch on the pc
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago. You can do tests online to check your Hard disk.