PDA

View Full Version : HUD causing clients(FTP, UB) to freeze

TheHate
06-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Hey guys, been using HEM on winXP on an average PC for a long time with virtually no probs. Now, got a new (better) PC, 4 GB RAM, etc and windows 7. While HEM seemed to work fine, sometimes, randomly, my tables ALL freeze.
I play 12 tables and they just all stop responding and when I click on any one of them they go totally black. If I end the HUD process from task manager the situation is instantly remedied.

If I restart the hud from the HEM menu, it restarts and within a few secs the same thing happens.
I've tried restarting HEM and then starting auto import (while I was still playing), same thing happened. (HUD is set up to autorun when I click autoimport)

I got frustrated and started closing tables, and out of curiosity tried stopping the import and restarting it with 5-ish tables. This seemed to work.

However it's pretty confusing b/c I've never had this issue on my XP PC where I had 1 GB of RAM which later turned into 2GB. But now I've got 4, a better PC and a clean system (just antivirus, browser and poker software installed)

I'm running the latest version (1.11.01b) BTW.

TheHate
06-08-2010, 06:20 PM
FWIW here's what task manager says under problem details:

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: HMHud.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 4c0aee39
Hang Signature: cbb0
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: cbb09d0406e76461b9538415061dd935
Additional Hang Signature 2: a2be
Additional Hang Signature 3: a2bedceff1b6ec01e674fb85394391e6
Additional Hang Signature 4: cbb0
Additional Hang Signature 5: cbb09d0406e76461b9538415061dd935
Additional Hang Signature 6: a2be
Additional Hang Signature 7: a2bedceff1b6ec01e674fb85394391e6

also, it just happened again, I closed most of my tables and tried to restart it, but it still spazzed out.

However, it seems to work fine when I'm ONLY playing FTP, but seemingly FTP tables in combination with UB tables = non-responsive HUD.

morny
06-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Hi,

Can you make sure your Opacity slider in Hud options > Player Preferences> Appearance TAB is 100% to the right and also do the same for the mucked cards Opacity

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts,Firewall, limewire,Mikogo etc and Antiviruses and if they cant be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe,DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder aswell as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc scan every file thats been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also going to control panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and copy and paste any description if there are any error or information events that coincide with the time of the lagging.

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

Lastly make sure your graphics driver is up to date as this can make a big difference to lagging even with a brand new PC.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How To Update Your Graphics Card Driver (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/How+To+Update+Your+Graphics+Card+DriverOn)

TheHate
06-09-2010, 03:24 AM
cheers, I'll do all those things later today when I start playing. FWIW though I can tell you now mucked card opacity IS at maximum and I'm running with no extra processes except antivirus (I have noticed on 2 occasions that opening up Firefox with a ton of tabs open seems to cause the freeze as well which is why I don't even have a browser window open when I play)

update: either updating the graphics driver, or setting opacity to 100% worked. everything great now, thanks a lot

TheHate
06-10-2010, 02:43 PM
lol spoke too fast. It happened again, this time with 1 UB table and ~6 FTP tables. UB table was still responsive. I get nothing in event viewer, did check task manager and HM Hud*32 shoots up to 50% CPU when it becomes unresponsive.

is there any way of rolling back the HUD to a previous version? I don't play Rush AT ALL, so I don't need any kind of functionality for it.

netsrak
06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Disable FTP prefetch and live-tracking.

If that doesn't help you can try 1.10.06a: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate_1.10.06a.exe

TheHate
06-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi,

Go to Hud Options > Site Options and disable all the prefetch/track live hands options

already did that ;)
disabled everything (except 4max detection, even tho I don't use it) for UB as well.
I'll try the version you suggested, cheers.

TheHate
07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
hey guys, getting the same thing again with this new version (.11.03 internal)... I'd hate to rollback since I won't be able to use tablescanner anymore. maybe I could just rollback the HUD or sth?

netsrak
07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
1.10.06a worked for you?

Please enable logging in 1.11.03 internal, reproduce the crash and send us the log file logs\log.txt with link to this thread and explanation. support@holdemmanager.com

TheHate
07-14-2010, 03:02 PM
fck that's a tough question. I know it stopped crashing, but I'm not sure whether i did roll back to .06a. I have rolled back to that now, will see if it's creating any problems and report back.

Actually, I think previously I had stickynotes running on windows 7 and closing it made HMHud not crash anymore. I'm still not running stickynotes but like I said, I'll see how the rollback when and go from there.

netsrak
07-15-2010, 03:35 AM
And please investigate the connection to stickynotes a little bit more :)

TheHate
07-15-2010, 05:31 AM
by the way,next time you advise customers to roll back, you could have the courtesy of telling them their hud positions will be fucked asnd that they should backup the pospref.txt file.

fuck me, now i have to set the hud position all over again.

and yeah, there's nothing to investigate. i've had it closed for ages and the crash still happened yesterday. Don't you guys have a test team that tests the software? Aren't they the ones who should be 'investigating' shit?

And honestly, I don't even care if 10.06a works or not, i'm going back to the latest version because I paid for the table scanner and want to be able to use it. I'll turn logging on and reproduce the crash