PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install PostgreSQL

Duck
06-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Hello,

I haven't used HEM for a while, and when I tried using it I got those error messages 'Unable to read data from...' etc. I used solutions provided on this forum but they did not help so I decided to reinstall PostgreSQL. I've tried versions 8.2.13-1, 8.3.9-v.1.0.7, 8.4, combo installer - all failed to install. I've disabled windows firewall and symantec endpoint protection antivirus (note: they have not caused any problems before, been using HEM for several months).

Regional settings: english;
No additional antivirus/firewalls that I'm aware of.

Help!

morny
06-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Assumming you followed all the instructions exactly then i dont see how a teamviewer session would help since ill just be repeating what you already done so it would most likely just delay the resolution. The installers are automatic so you cant do anything to make them fail, its usually either a firewall issue or possibly some of your system files has become corrupt

The one thing i would do is completely remove the 3rd party firewall/antivirus and then try reinstalling, disabling them is usually not enough. If that doesnt work use windows XP system recovery option (think thats the name) which allows you to reinstall all the system files completely but still keeps all your programs and documents rather than doing a fresh reinstall