PDA

View Full Version : Speed up import performance?

dendehun
10-14-2008, 04:22 AM
Hello,

I have a seperate server in my network that's dedicated for running postgres and importing datamined hands (WinXP, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB ram).

My performance is pretty ok now (around 28h/s in a 10M hands database), but when it's busy importing, I notice a big slowdown in using HEM on my on my 'play-poker-pc'.. (this pc is, of course using the database server.. )

On my database server, my cpu rarely peaks above 70%, and my memory also looks ok, so I was wondering..
I can extend the memory or place 2 new hd's in RAID0.
What would be the best in terms of performance?

uniden
10-14-2008, 04:50 AM
I have only 1 mio big database and running on p3 1ghz celeron 1GB ram and when 3 users connected to the same database CPU just sometimes gets over 60% but Im runing postgres on Linux server... That might be big difference.

You could try option..

BR
Jurij

morny
10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Extending the memory would definetely be benificial, surprised youve only 1GB ram with that setup and you should notice a big performance boost by doubling that ram with all of your programs especially when multi tasking.

You can also try these temporary steps to help in the meantime:

Try doing the following:

1) Update your graphics card drivers
2) Move your opacity slider in Hud Options > Player Prefs and Hud Options > Table Prefs completely to the right
3) Click force onTop in Hud Options > Table Preferences (If this dosent help please turn it off afterwards although youll need to restart hm for it to take effect)
4) Disable Multiple Panels if its unecessary
5) Start > Control Panel > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defrag

dendehun
10-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Extending the memory would definetely be benificial, surprised youve only 1GB ram with that setup and you should notice a big performance boost by doubling that ram with all of your programs especially when multi tasking.

You can also try these temporary steps to help in the meantime:

Try doing the following:

1) Update your graphics card drivers
2) Move your opacity slider in Hud Options > Player Prefs and Hud Options > Table Prefs completely to the right
3) Click force onTop in Hud Options > Table Preferences (If this dosent help please turn it off afterwards although youll need to restart hm for it to take effect)
4) Disable Multiple Panels if its unecessary
5) Start > Control Panel > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defrag

As I stated in my first post, the concerning pc is not used for playing, only for importing mined hands and postgresql server. Guess the graphics & hud stuf would not help to get my db server running faster;)

I have only 1 mio big database and running on p3 1ghz celeron 1GB ram and when 3 users connected to the same database CPU just sometimes gets over 60% but Im runing postgres on Linux server... That might be big difference.

You could try option..

BR
Jurij

Thanks for the tip, but 3 users playing in stead of 50K of hands being imported AND play on one other pc is not the same I guess.. However, Linux is certanly something I can give a shot. Wat distro do you use, I'm not really into linux..

philipp1234
08-05-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm looking for the "stack builder" manual to improve my import performance.

If done it a year ago, but can't remember how to increase the memory for postgreSQL.

Please send me a link if this is already discussed in the forum.

merci
Philipp

fozzy71
08-05-2009, 07:37 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=172

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11194